Willdra’s Valiant Venezia Review

On 7/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, Beachiekeen said:

I’m already looking forward to it! 😀

Same. Set willdra up with a patreon and we can send her (and W or sans W) on more trips for our amusement 🤣

• Like 2

Venezia Eviction Day

I got up around 6:50. My alarm was set for 7. We needed to be at Marco Polo by 8. W got in the shower when I got out. I reminded him that he needed to get his alcohol that he purchased, so he ran down and did that. I really think he forgot. Each ship is different on how they distribute it at the end of the cruise. 

He got back quick, so he threw the bag in the suitcase, and after one last sweep of the cabin to make sure that we didn’t leave anything, we left and opted to just walk down the stairs to get to Marco Polo. The elevators were saturated with people waiting. Even tho we weren’t in a hurry, we weren’t trying to wait there. No thanks.

We made it down at 7:40. They actually had a sign and it was organized, for a change. We found seats, and I spotted a table with some pastries, coffee, and juice. I got some, and as soon as I sat back down, they called Zone 1. They were still doing self assist as well, but the crew in Marco Polo said we could go. W and I decided to finish our food then we would go outside.

Passengers trickled in and out of there. It wasn’t that crowded tho. This man came thru complaining very loudly about the crew asking him to go in and have a seat. Of all of the things to complain about, this freaking early in the morning, having a seat...... you know what #myob2024. I almost forgot.

Welcome back to New York!

IMG_2479-L.jpg

IMG_2482-L.jpg

IMG_2486-L.jpg

IMG_2487-L.jpg

IMG_2492-L.jpg

IMG_2494-L.jpg

IMG_2496-L.jpg

IMG_2498-L.jpg

IMG_2500-L.jpg

• Like 15

Since we just had a couple of pastries and some room temperature coffee, we finished up fast. W and I then took the 3 minute walk to the terminal to find our luggage. We walked off the ship at 8am. We found our bags fast then we just went thru the Smile and Go Scanners and that was it.

I still wasn’t prepared for how rough some of the New Yorkers talked to us, but W said it was more direct than rude, in his opinion. I decided to pay attention, follow directions, and try to get outta there as fast as I could. I wasn’t there to make friends, or win a popularity contest. I had one job. It was to scram.

IMG_2506-L.jpg

IMG_2507-L.jpg

IMG_2508-L.jpg

• Like 16

We did what we needed to do and exited the building at about 8:12. There was a guy holding an “Airport Transfer” sign right outside. He told us to go to the left, and the buses were parked down there with the name of the airport in the window. Now I’ve read some horrible reviews about this process, which almost made me not reserve it, but ignoring them was the move here. So far it was almost too easy. Our flight didn’t leave until 4:55. We had tons of time.

One of these days I’m gonna stop being lazy, and research a viable option for holding our bags when our flight leaves that late. W and I could do a lot in the city in 8 hours(rubs hands together and laughs maniacally muhahahahaaaa). Sitting in the airport is free, yes, but it’s very boring, and counterproductive. Unless I start working on this review. Meh, who am I kidding, y’all know I’m not that organized.

IMG_2510-L.jpg

IMG_2514-L.jpg

IMG_2517-L.jpg

IMG_2513-L.jpg

IMG_2518-L.jpg

• Like 17

We loaded up and the bus pulled off at 8:23. We got to LGA at 8:56, it’s not a long drive. Our bus driver was super cool. He would tell us where we were in the city, and he even told us to get our phones out cuz we were passing Yankee Stadium. He explained why he took the route that he took, and what we were looking at along the way. He was a great driver, it felt like we were on an excursion, and we tipped him well at the end.

IMG_2520-L.jpg

IMG_2521-L.jpg

IMG_2525-L.jpg

IMG_2526-L.jpg

IMG_2530-L.jpg

IMG_2531-L.jpg

IMG_2538-L.jpg

IMG_2539-L.jpg

IMG_2540-L.jpg

IMG_2541-L.jpg

IMG_2542-L.jpg

IMG_2544-L.jpg

IMG_2545-L.jpg

IMG_2548-L.jpg

IMG_2568-L.jpg

IMG_2569-L.jpg

IMG_2570-L.jpg

IMG_2571-L.jpg

• Like 14

Oh, I hate to see this review come to an end ! Everyday I look forward to logging on to read the next installment ! You have a fantastic sense of humor ! I would love to meet you in person some day. My only complaint is that you need to cruise more often ! It is way too long between your reviews! Thank you so much for all the countless hours you spend doing your reviews ! They really are such a blessing because they bring so much joy to so many people ! Thank you, thank you !

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

When we got to our terminal, we got out and went in to start the long process of doing absolutely nothing until we could check into Southwest at 12:55.

While we were sitting there of course we were entertained, cuz New York was New Yorking. There was a young guy directly in front of us on the phone with someone. He was screaming into his phone so loud, everyone who walked by either glared at him, or jumped when he started talking. The ghetto. 

W and I were literally shaking our heads at that dude, when another guy who was angry about some ticket/baggage issue passed in front of us yelling about it to his friends. A few minutes later they walked back the other way still squawking and swearing. I couldn’t help but wonder, for why was he doing all of that screeching in the a.m.? I also thought, if he knew what was good, he would simmer down. The way those NYPD officers were looking, he better have a Coke and a smile before he was having asphalt and embarrassment for breakfast. They looked like they played no games, and they were eyeing him to see if they could get a good bodyslam in before lunch. He was about to go down like the disco clown. 

Now while we were looking at them, this other person sat on our little bench with W and I and all of our luggage. Those benches are tiny y’all, W and I are not. When he sat down, I said “Oh. So we’re doing this?” Cuz of all of the places to sit, you picked HERE? He was practically in my lap. Sheesh. Dear God make a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here.

IMG_2593-L.jpg

IMG_2594-L.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

I got up to look at the airport map to see if there was anywhere else we could be. It looked confusing so I decided to just go see.

To our right there was a coffee shop with some high top tables. I passed by those, then the heavens opened up, and the angels started singing. There is a much nicer waiting area down there with comfortable chairs, tables, and even outlets to recharge your electronics. I wasted no time running back to get W, our stuff and relocating. Later losers!

Well we're movin' on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky, movin’ on up, to the east side, we finally got a piece of the pie.

IMG_2595-L.jpg

IMG_2596-L.jpg

IMG_2597-L.jpg

IMG_2599-L.jpg

IMG_2591-L.jpg

IMG_2601-L.jpg

IMG_2603-L.jpg

IMG_2604-L.jpg

IMG_2605-L.jpg

IMG_2606-L.jpg

IMG_2607-L.jpg

IMG_2611-L.jpg

IMG_2621-L.jpg

IMG_2622-L.jpg

IMG_2625-L.jpg

IMG_2627-L.jpg

IMG_2632-L.jpg

IMG_2587-L.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

W and I sat down there until we could check into Southwest at 12:55. I went to the restroom first. Even the restroom down on that end was very nice.

I also got the notifications again for the transit system, this time I took a screenshot. 

IMG_2585-L.jpg

IMG_2586-L.jpg

IMG_2616-L.jpg

IMG_2614-L.jpg

• Like 14

Next we went over to find a kiosk to get our boarding passes and luggage tags. This was a mess. Most of the kiosks weren’t working so we had to race around and stand behind someone who was checking in. Seems like that was a popular time too. Once we got a working kiosk everything else went smoothly. God knows.

We went thru PreCheck next and it took 5 minutes. We were hungry by then so we went to look for food. We walked into the large food court and I know we looked like 2 country bumpkins who’ve never been anywhere. We couldn’t decide what we wanted to eat, cuz there were way too many choices. I wanted to see all the things first. 

IMG_2633-L.jpg

IMG_2634-L.jpg

IMG_2635-L.jpg

IMG_2637-L.jpg

IMG_2639-L.jpg

IMG_2641-L.jpg

IMG_2643-L.jpg

IMG_2644-L.jpg

IMG_2645-L.jpg

IMG_2653-L.jpg

• Like 16

Posted (edited)

After we found a table I walked around then settled on pizza and a salad. I ate that then I decided I needed strawberry cheesecake too. This big back behavior just won’t be gone.

We inhaled our food then went and sat at the gate until it was time to go home. 

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God that I (ugggghhhhh hold on, I gotta look under my bed to make sure the coast is clear, before I type this) Ok I’m back, where was I? Oh yes, I said a prayer thanking God that I’ve never seen a snake ball eeeeehhhhkkk. I didn’t even know that such an abomination from the pits of hades existed until recently, and now I just gotta give thanks (repeatedly) to John the Baptist’s cousin that I have never seen this with my own eyes in person. Heaven knows that if I did, I may as well be gazing straight into the eyes of Medusa, cuz I know I will instantly turn to stone, and my body will yeet my spirit straight up to meet my maker. Swing low, sweet chariot. So, thanks again for keeping those things away from me big guy, on behalf of me and W!

Now I gotta check under my bed one more time(I don't know what that's gonna do), just mentioning the Slytherin House mascot, rolling around, tied up in a mating ball with several of its bff's has triggered me.  

P.S. Do y’all think Jesus would be mad if I asked for the name of his hairstylist when I get to heaven? Is it alright for me to say "drop the addy J"? I don’t know about y’all, but I can’t help but notice them FLAWLESS 26 inch buss down silk presses with the middle part that Jesus always has in the pictures. Jesus be slanging dem bundles, and I want in! That hair ain’t available on Earth. Whoever does his hair has dem heavenly angelic hands, and it is well with my soul.  Amen.

IMG_2647-L.jpg

IMG_2648-L.jpg

IMG_2650-L.jpg

IMG_2642-L.jpg

IMG_2660-L.jpg

Edited by willdra
Editing
  • Like 10
  • Haha 11

Such a great review, we're doing this ship and half of the itinerary in October with our family.  You have me a bit nervous about the NYC pax/service, but I'm sure it will be fine.  Thanks for all the pics and the insight, I can't wait!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, willdra said:

IMG_2513-L.jpg

I'm so confused... is this like a fake bus front and a ...umm dancing pole?

You're testing us to see if we catch the photoshop funnies, right? do I win? 🙂

• Haha 3