Snorkeling & Beaches with achy knees?

crochet-traveler

I'll be in Bermuda for 3 days in early July and hope to get to the beaches and do some snorkeling.  Bad knees mean long walks, lots of stairs and boat ladders to get out of the water unassisted are a no-go this time. Can you suggest beaches with easiest access and good snorkeling from the shore, or any diving/snorkeling tours or guides that will provide an assist up those boat ladders? It's probably been 30+ years since my last visit to Bermuda, so I'm a bit out of touch with the island and haven't been able to locate the info I need on any of the forums or travel websites I've visited (and I'm traveling alone this time - in case that matters) Hope you can help.

32 minutes ago, crochet-traveler said:

water unassisted are a no-go this time. Can you suggest beaches with easiest access and good snorkeling from the shore,

Tobacco Bay has easy access snorkeling from the shore. I would call the snorkeling good there. Horseshoe Bay has easy access to the beach if you take a taxi or a $7 a ride minibus shuttle. The taxi and minibuses let passengers off at beach level with a short walk from the parking lot. Horseshoe is not much for snorkeling. Both the above beaches have chair rentals and facilities, food and beverage services. 

On 6/17/2024 at 1:15 AM, Charles4515 said:

take a taxi or a $7 a ride minibus shuttle. The taxi and minibuses let passengers off at beach level with a short walk from the parking lot.

Once at the beach is it easy to get a taxi back? Do they come along regular?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Once at the beach is it easy to get a taxi back? Do they come along regular?

It is easy to get a taxi back at Horseshoe. It is the most popular beach in Bermuda. Taxi drivers like to hang out there because there are bathrooms, a food concession, a parking area and it is centrally located.. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1