Silver RAY, initial thoughts

stan1980

On 8/15/2024 at 10:45 PM, Port Power said:

Azamara is hardly down market nor mass market.  Their “white night” is a hallmark.  It is great fun, held on the pool deck, and officers man the food tables.  Silversea also holds a deck party where officers man the food tables: it’s just called something else.

I've not seen a deck party on our Nova or Muse cruises.  Seabourn does an amazing poolside event though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We hope to board in December as well!!

Spins! I thought you’d despaired of SS but I guess the crossing lured you back. 

I’d have been tempted to join you but I’ll be on the Nova down under then. 

The asymmetrical design takes some getting used to but then it’s fantastic - eat in the Marquee as often as you can!

Happy sails. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Spins! I thought you’d despaired of SS but I guess the crossing lured you back. 

I’d have been tempted to join you but I’ll be on the Nova down under then. 

The asymmetrical design takes some getting used to but then it’s fantastic - eat in the Marquee as often as you can!

Happy sails. 

Yes Jolly, trying again…wish we could grab a glass of bubbles or a dark and stormy and share a hug or two.

Some very large waves deterred us for a bit, but having survived them without capsizing, we will persevere. 

We will be aft for sleeping quarters on the Ray. Convincing the spin doc to try Silversea again took a bit of work. We looked at every cruise line we could think of as an alternative. 

Hope to see you once again soonest.

On 8/12/2024 at 8:41 PM, howlpat said:

One more question if you don't mind...do you think it is cold when eating at The Grill in the evening - especially in the beginning of the cruise? I had thought it could be enclosed there, but some things I read seem to indicate it is open to the wind.

We cruised this summer on the Ray in Croatia so it decidedly not cold but last summer when we were in Norway the Grille had outdoor heaters so I bet they have them on Ray a well. 

Also, be sure to book Silvernote early, it fills up fast and was by far our favorite restaurant.

45 minutes ago, live eat cook said:

Also, be sure to book Silvernote early, it fills up fast and was by far our favorite restaurant.

That is why I did the ultimate reservation for Silvernote on my up and coming Silversea cruise. 😁