First Time Celebrity - Drinks, wifi and Room Questions

3 hours ago, rotoal said:

For wine and other adult drinks, you only pay the difference in cost.   BUT - the premium waters and Spa Cafe drinks (which are below the $10 allowed for drinks with alcohol) - those on the classic package must pay the full price.

We prefer the premium sparkling water to the bottled water included in the classic package.   For us, it makes perfect sense to upgrade to the premium package, we get our money's worth even before having a drink with alcohol.  

The added bonus for our upcoming cruise was the discounted upgrade cost during one of the sales many months ago.

wow - that makes no sense to me - you pay extra to get a drink that's cheaper. Boy am I glad that I don't need any form of drinks package. I always say choice is good but only Celebrity could come with this option. Enjoy.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 5:37 PM, mrgabriel said:

Premium sodas are things like energy drinks. I suspect that Ginger Beer is a Premium soda. 

When I attempted to figure this out, I came up with these 2 lists:

CLASSIC

Fountain & cans of coca cola products, juices (apple, cranberry, orange, lemon, grapefruit), bottled water (brand seems to vary by cruise), premium coffees & teas (I called celebrity to confirm & they said it's included, but ymmv)

PREMIUM

Premium waters (Acqua Panna, Evian, San Pellegrino), fresh juices & smoothies from juice bar (spa cafe), all bottled juices, Red Bull (possibly other energy drinks), all sodas, Honest iced teas, Matcha tea, Vitamin water

Edited by TGfromTX

Whoever posted the 'all inclusive' suggestion is correct.  I can add premium wifi & premium drink through the all inclusive for less than just adding the premium drink at 40% off - it looks like I'd save almost $20/day pp with wifi.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

When I attempted to figure this out, I came up with these 2 lists:

CLASSIC

Fountain & cans of coca cola products, juices (apple, cranberry, orange, lemon, grapefruit), bottled water (brand seems to vary by cruise), premium coffees & teas (I called celebrity to confirm & they said it's included, but ymmv)

PREMIUM

Premium waters (Acqua Panna, Evian, San Pellegrino), fresh juices & smoothies from juice bar (spa cafe), all bottled juices, Red Bull (possibly other energy drinks), all sodas, Honest iced teas, Matcha tea, Vitamin water

In Classic premium teas/coffees also includes hot chocolate

On 6/17/2024 at 12:54 PM, JetAwayJayne said:

Thank you for this information. I appreciate that. 

do you know do all the packages include the CocaCola Range as it doesn’t say on any info. Specifically the classic? 

Maybe answered but I am a Diet Coke drinker and having had Classic and Premium drink packages a few times each, the 'pop' as we call it in Canada is the exact same in both packages.  They 100% serve Coca Cola range of drinks and they serve them in the can.  I personally have never had it served from a soda fountain as other cruise lines do (I dislike soda fountains as they often taste flat); equally as some other cruise lines packages differ and have soda fountain for some packages with higher packages providing a can.  Celebrity has always served my Diet Coke in the can which I often just what I want ... unopened with a glass of ice to go take away to drink wherever I want, often back to my cabin.

20 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Whoever posted the 'all inclusive' suggestion is correct.  I can add premium wifi & premium drink through the all inclusive for less than just adding the premium drink at 40% off - it looks like I'd save almost $20/day pp with wifi.

It always pays to price out the options.

I think the Wifi and drinks All Inclusive is only available at the time of booking i.e. you can't book Sail Only Rates and add the AI later. 

Just noticed you are from Plano - our Grandson lives in McKinney.

25 minutes ago, the penguins said:

It always pays to price out the options.

I think the Wifi and drinks All Inclusive is only available at the time of booking i.e. you can't book Sail Only Rates and add the AI later. 

Just noticed you are from Plano - our Grandson lives in McKinney.

I drive past him about 3 times weekly.  

I didn't know All Inclusive was an option at booking - the TA never mentioned it.  I called them & they did their magic - my original drink package was canceled & they added some code for all inclusive to my booking. I just had to provide CC info & wait 7 to 14 days for refund on the original drink package.  Easy $100 saved & I have wifi now too.

• Like 1

I am traveling solo so not much help. But I receive emails for each and ever purchase and refund and they've been fairly easy to interpret.

But personally, I call Celebrity directly for any questions about bills & such. Some items I'm okay with advice on here, but some I tend to fret with 'what if I'm wrong' until I speak to them directly.  I have to say, they have an unexpectedly well manned service desk in the US.  I haven't experienced a long wait in the last 6 months.  Hopefully your support is the same.