Cruise only insurance coverage possible?

We are heading to Alaska for a 10 day land trip on our own - -not thru the cruise line nor any tour company. Can I purchase insurance for the 7 night cruise we are adding to the end of our trip?  Will it pay for just the cruise if for some reason we have to cancel either the entire trip or the cruise if the land portion is not included in the quote?

Thank you. Your information is so helpful!!

On 6/17/2024 at 9:17 AM, travelingla said:

We are heading to Alaska for a 10 day land trip on our own - -not thru the cruise line nor any tour company. Can I purchase insurance for the 7 night cruise we are adding to the end of our trip?  Will it pay for just the cruise if for some reason we have to cancel either the entire trip or the cruise if the land portion is not included in the quote?

Thank you. Your information is so helpful!!

Hi travelingla,

I appreciate your kind words.

You're able to buy insurance for the seven night cruise but you would still insure the entire length of the trip. Nearly all the plans I have are the same price for trip of up to 30 days long, so adding on the 10 days isn't going to affect the price. You also wouldn't need to insure any of the value of the land trip.

If you cut your trip short due to a covered reason (ie - you get hit by a cement truck) and returned home early, then the travel insurance would reimburse you the money you lost on the cruise.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

We are 6 hours drive from port of Mobile so no flight.. Looking at cruise INsurance 12-1-24-12-7-24. Just need medical coverage, including evacuation & cancel in case of emergency or cancel for any reason, don't know the difference. Can you offer advice on which policy to get (cost of cruise $1550). Since we are elderly my fear is needing air lifted from the ship or port in Mexico.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, bcruisin2alaska said:

We are 6 hours drive from port of Mobile so no flight.. Looking at cruise INsurance 12-1-24-12-7-24. Just need medical coverage, including evacuation & cancel in case of emergency or cancel for any reason, don't know the difference. Can you offer advice on which policy to get (cost of cruise $1550). Since we are elderly my fear is needing air lifted from the ship or port in Mexico.  Thanks.

Hi bcruisin2alaska,

I'll need personally identifiable information from you to tell you the exact policy to get. I don't want you to reveal that here.

That said, when did / will you pay the first payment toward any travel arrangements on your trip? And, is the $1550 cost per person or a total for all the travelers?

Steve Dasseos