Tracking children on board

10 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

There are definitely Minors who are mature enough, responsible enough, etc… to go solo from point A to Point B. It does depend on the situation for sure. Why is it overreaching?  Because there are oodles of kids out and about on Carnival ships. Seen plenty. Every cruise, every line, etc… Many teens are responsible enough to navigate solo. They do not enforce this ‘policy’ at all.  
It seems like a hopeful suggestion on Carnivals part. LOL 

The cruise ship has basically bedroom doors one after another and lots of them. It would only take one strong arm to reach out and pull a kid into the room. It’s a risk we personally would not take. Doubtful something could happen, but why take the chance?  No thanks. No hallways at 8. 

Yes, Age is a big factor too. We board the Magic Sunday with 5 adult kids and 3 GBabys. These GB’s are 8 yr old twins, and a 7 yr old. The twins 1st cruise and the 7 yr olds 3rd. 
They are in the same Camp Ocean group which is fabulous. They will not be unaccompanied on the ship at any time. Can they go grab a cookie or swirls while in our eyesight?  Go down the water slide? Of course!  Someone will be keeping an eye on them. The 8 yr olds were latchkey this year for the 1st time. They did just fine and are very well behaved kids. 

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but for the sake of discussion, rules are put in place because they are needed.  These forums are filled with people complaining about wild roaming kids.  Hence the rules.  We have all seen it.  If kids behave there will not be a problem, if parents are really watching their kids, then we would not have issues.   Nothing wrong with kids and teens enjoying themselves, when it infringes on other passengers, then there are issues.  All this said with our 5 growing up on Carnival cruises.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2024 at 8:01 PM, silvercrikhix said:

And just for the record, apparently Carnival has a wish on the minor subject. 
A bit overreaching for sure…but an interesting find. 

image.thumb.png.e7b51ab46e9cbb51914b1ee0632b7d02.png

I'd say "should" really isn't a rule - it's a suggestion.

Edited by aborgman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aborgman said:

I'd say "should" really isn't a rule - it's a suggestion.

Exactly why I said Carnival has ‘a wish’ … I never said it was a rule or in the ticket contract. 

Posted (edited)

If people choose to live their lives in fear -- I guess you can't stop that.  But IMO life is too short to worry about things that have less than one in a million chance of happening, especially if one takes the most basic of precautions.

I can't find the post anymore, but I remember a few years back that a woman was upset about the layout of the Lido buffet because there was no table where her son was still in her line of sight if he went to get food on his own - and her son was a normal, healthy 15-year-old.

And people wonder why cases of anxiety have skyrocketed in children.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, staceyglow said:

If people choose to live their lives in fear -- I guess you can't stop that.  But IMO life is too short to worry about things that have less than one in a million chance of happening, especially if one takes the most basic of precautions.

I can't find the post anymore, but I remember a few years back that a woman was upset about the layout of the Lido buffet because there was no table where her son was still in her line of sight if he went to get food on his own - and her son was a normal, healthy 15-year-old.

And people wonder why cases of anxiety have skyrocketed in children.

The answer to that is easy, because it is drilled into us constantly on every form of media.  The real question is why.

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The answer to that is easy, because it is drilled into us constantly on every form of media.  The real question is why.

Because humans are drawn to it like moths to a flame, so it gets eyeballs, which gets advertising dollars.