2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

6 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It is hgh but that’s what we get for sailing the newest ship in the fleet.  I waited a year before doing the Prima so it was more reasonable.  The devil made me book this one 😈

Viva won't be the newest ship in the fleet in 2026.  Aqua takes that spot in about 6 months from now. Hopefully that will make the Viva cruise prices drop a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I actually didn’t think it was more overly priced than the other NCL cruises these days.  I’m giving it serious thought…new ship, itinerary with lots of ports we’ve not been too…cruising with some nice CC folks.  Tempting.

Last year we had a Prima cruise with ggtexasgal, graphic guy and Linda, whose screen name escapes me.  Rocket Man was onboard but only graphic guy caught up with him.   It was great fun.  

• Like 4

On 9/4/2024 at 7:12 PM, 2bc cruisers said:

We’re on the 2/6 PC cruise with 4 of our family members.  I’ll be lurking on the waterfront and near afternoon cookies. 🤞 I’ll most likely have a melted credit card as pre PC cruise we are on the Sun 1/19 Melbourne-Auckland flying to LA on the 4th to rest and catch the Joy.  🤪  

The afternoon cookies were definitely spotted at the Observation Lounge on the Joy during tea time in June. I was stalking them until cookies started to mysteriously appear in my cabin. It was likely a ploy to distract me away from the OL which failed miserably.

Hope to meet you on the 2/6 PC cruise @2bc cruisers. Fingers and toes crossed that you are able to dock at every port in NZ. That is a fabulous itinerary on the Sun. However, I don't envy you having to take that long flight to LA.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Last year we had a Prima cruise with ggtexasgal, graphic guy and Linda, whose screen name escapes me.  Rocket Man was onboard but only graphic guy caught up with him.   It was great fun.  

That was fun.  Enjoyed meeting and  making more CC friends on that cruise.  Loved the Prima, too!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Hope to meet you on the 2/6 PC cruise @2bc cruisers. Fingers and toes crossed that you are able to dock at every port in NZ. That is a fabulous itinerary on the Sun. However, I don't envy you having to take that long flight to LA.

Thank you.  I hope so too.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 6:12 PM, laudergayle said:

I actually didn’t think it was more overly priced than the other NCL cruises these days.  I’m giving it serious thought…new ship, itinerary with lots of ports we’ve not been too…cruising with some nice CC folks.  Tempting.

Be careful what you wish for. 😉

• Haha 3

It's been quiet here! So, I just did a looksie at prices given NCL's "gimmick" $1,000 off (*up to) cruises. The price for the June cruise has gone up slightly, about $100 from when I priced it earlier. The January cruise seems to be about the same. 

So...well, at least prices are holding roughly steady. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It's been quiet here! So, I just did a looksie at prices given NCL's "gimmick" $1,000 off (*up to) cruises. The price for the June cruise has gone up slightly, about $100 from when I priced it earlier. The January cruise seems to be about the same. 

So...well, at least prices are holding roughly steady. 

Do I have to act NOW? $1,000 off sounds like a deal of a lifetime.

• Haha 2

hey cruiseny, as you are a travel agent, ,once again i am surprised at this post.

the issue isnt that the prices are holding at roughly the same, they have done so for almost the last 3 years, regardless of how NCL spins their sales.

the point is, where the heck is the up to $1,000 off cruises, that have so blatantly been offered?

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

hey cruiseny, as you are a travel agent, ,once again i am surprised at this post.

the issue isnt that the prices are holding at roughly the same, they have done so for almost the last 3 years, regardless of how NCL spins their sales.

the point is, where the heck is the up to $1,000 off cruises, that have so blatantly been offered?

Oh, no travel agent here anymore. I turned in my Mickey Ears and credentials. I'm just a regular traveling member of the public now! 

10 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Do I have to act NOW? $1,000 off sounds like a deal of a lifetime.

Until Groundhog's Day.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

My December Getaway sailing just dropped $200 for my cabin.  Probably ask for the OBC now, instead of waiting for it to drop more...if it drops more...or if it goes up!

I usually get FCC for a price drop. Have not received OBC for a price drop in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I usually get FCC for a price drop. Have not received OBC for a price drop in a long time.

Just spoke to my TA.  She said the same.  She said they’d offer a FCC as a “one time adjustment” since they value me.  Not buying that but nice sentiment.

Ends up being a $300 FCC.  All the ore reason to give those 2026 cruises a look-see!

Ad an aside, thinking of all of my NY friends today! 

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Ends up being a $300 FCC.  All the ore reason to give those 2026 cruises a look-see!

That is great news!

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

thinking of all of my NY friends today!

Solemn day. Just returned from an annual 9/11 dinner. Great to see old friends but sad to remember those who are missing. 

• Like 2