Out of curiosity: D0 vs. D2

Hi ev1. Booked a summer 2024 7-day cruise on the Princess Sun a long time ago. Initially the cabin was marked as a D2 category. Later it was marked as D0 category with some added benefits. Then the benefits were gone (no issue because we never had them in mind when booking anyway). But my OCD still asks what on earth is the difference between the D0 and D2 cabins (other than the cabin marking scheme)? Now that the ship has started sailing, has anyone understood if there is indeed a difference or this is simply a gimmick to charge extra even for the few D0 cabins on the ship?

Thank you all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TopofWorld said:

Hi ev1. Booked a summer 2024 7-day cruise on the Princess Sun a long time ago. Initially the cabin was marked as a D2 category. Later it was marked as D0 category with some added benefits. Then the benefits were gone (no issue because we never had them in mind when booking anyway). But my OCD still asks what on earth is the difference between the D0 and D2 cabins (other than the cabin marking scheme)? Now that the ship has started sailing, has anyone understood if there is indeed a difference or this is simply a gimmick to charge extra even for the few D0 cabins on the ship?

Thank you all

The DO cabins are now considered part of the Sanctuary class and include some Sanctuary benefits, If you book them now, they are labelled Sanctuary Balcony

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As you might see,  the change to the new SANCTUARY class did recategorize these AFT D0 cabins.   They cost a LOT more now.  

It is not a gimmick.   This will be an exclusive ship-within-a-ship concept now.  And this is very significant.

Yes, they are the same Deluxe Balcony interior layout as all others...  They have the same extra-long extended balconies as the other Premium Deluxe Balconies like this.   But, you should be very very happy!!!!   There will be no other adult-only area on the ship now that they have made the entire Sanctuary are exclusive access only.   And, you should also receive dining access.

Princess is changing up a LOT.

They will be moving the restaurant venues around so that they will have the Signature/Sanctuary dining room.    

Do not be confused...  Do not let that cabin go...

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

Thank you both for taking the time to reply to me. Very interesting information. My next question naturally arises: will the perks apply also for us folks who booked a D2 cabin (more than a year ago) without any knowledge/expectation of the benefits you mentioned and which now is a D0 cabin? If yes, then indeed color me a very very happy cruiser rather than a happy cruiser. 😀😀😀 

I guess something to look forward to have answered once onboard. Still, thank you for the replies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Thank you both for taking the time to reply to me. Very interesting information. My next question naturally arises: will the perks apply also for us folks who booked a D2 cabin (more than a year ago) without any knowledge/expectation of the benefits you mentioned and which now is a D0 cabin? If yes, then indeed color me a very very happy cruiser rather than a happy cruiser. 😀😀😀 

I guess something to look forward to have answered once onboard. Still, thank you for the replies.

Look at your travel summary in the personalizer on princess website- if it says Sanctuary Collection Indicator then you now get access to the Sanctuary & dining in Signature or Reserve dining room.

it is not on the app.

My understanding is that this D0 category only applies to the aft D0 cabins which were a higher fare then those midship.

Any other benefits you see mentioned might be a glitch- no access to Signature Lounge.

3 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Thank you. Checked the Travel Summary in the website and nothing there. Oh well, nothing lost, nothing gained. Still happy to be cruising. Happy sailings.

If you put your cabin number we can tell you if you should have Sanctuary benefits . Many errors are online.

3 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Cabin is 16603

Oh I am SO sorry for you.

That is one of the great balconies!
It only gains Sanctuary Collection Indicator starting October 14/24.

You could contact customerrelations@princesscruises.com and ask about this.

This was advertised as:

IMG_5677.jpeg

Lol. One more excuse to plan for another cruise after October. Now, if only the SO agrees and does not file for divorce 😀 for spending so much money.....

As I said, thank you for your time. Happy and safe cruising.

• Like 1