Concerned over Bad Reviews re Voyager

16 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Hope the cat G guarantee works for you. We usually book a cat G between 641 and 655. I got an email from Regent today noting that your cruise has a program called Spotlight on Ancestry. For information about the program go to the cruise website and select “Ship Details.“ Then select “Enrichment Series“ for details.

Dave

Thanks very much for the info.   I will certainly do that.

43 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Does anyone know when Voyager last had a rehab/dry dock?

I believe the last major dry dock for Voyager was in November 2016. The next major dry dock is scheduled for the spring of 2026. From what I experienced during my cruises on Voyager since 2016, the ship is being well-maintained.

Dave

On 6/25/2024 at 6:15 PM, DaveFr said:

I just checked the cruise and both categories G and H are guarantee only. So you may get a really good suite or you may get a terrible suite. The cruise is one of the Regent cruises with a number of overnights in ports. What I don’t like about the cruise is that the final overnight is in Barcelona the night before you disembark. However the Voyager does not get into Barcelona until 8 PM so, in effect, you would not have any time in Barcelona unless you stay after you disembark. 

Dave

we are on this sailing and I suspect the timing hasn’t been updated after some itinerary changes were made mónths ago. When the excursions came out there was a few for that evening, starting in the late afternoon.  First only one appeared, and now móre.  So someone is planning for some time in Barcelona on the last day. 

On 6/26/2024 at 5:16 PM, scottie99 said:

We have booked Cat G guarantee 

Good timing on your booking, as the Regent price increased by about 45% yesterday for this October Voyager cruise.

@scottie99, So glad you started this thread as. together with @DaveFr's tip about the 'Spotlight on Ancestry', it encouraged us to take a look at the cruise. We couldn't resist and booked the last Hgty available at the 'knockdown' price.

We will have to compare notes as to what suites we are eventually allocated, and we will raise a glass to toast your anniversary on 1st November 🥂

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 10:59 AM, flossie009 said:

Good timing on your booking, as the Regent price increased by about 45% yesterday for this October Voyager cruise.

@scottie99, So glad you started this thread as. together with @DaveFr's tip about the 'Spotlight on Ancestry', it encouraged us to take a look at the cruise. We couldn't resist and booked the last Hgty available at the 'knockdown' price.

We will have to compare notes as to what suites we are eventually allocated, and we will raise a glass to toast your anniversary on 1st November 🥂

Gosh, I hadn’t been aware of the price increase.   The price on the the RSSC website is almost double what we are paying!

It will certainly be interesting to compare suite allocation.

24 minutes ago, scottie99 said:

Gosh, I hadn’t been aware of the price increase.   The price on the the RSSC website is almost double what we are paying!

It will certainly be interesting to compare suite allocation.

👍 My previous calculation was incorrect; the Regent web price has increased by 64%, so yes after TA discount the price we paid last week is a bargain; the lowest per day fare we have paid for a Regent cruise for many, many years.

Hope they don't put us on water & ships' biscuits to compensate 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1