Apex - Live June 27-July 8- Ireland, Iceland, and Scotland –

We explored Southampton while waiting for our room to be ready.  We walked the old city walls and toured the Tudor House and Gardens.  We ate lunch at the Dancing Man Brewery.  We ordered beer flights and appetizers.  The server let us try the different beers before choosing the ones for our flights.    It was a nice way to cool down after our walk around the old part of the city. We met a group of people who were sailing on the Norwegian Dawn around the British Isles.  They ship was leaving on Wednesday.  They were very nice people and were from the same state as my sister.  We had dinner at the White Star Tavern.  After dinner, we walked around again and then enjoyed wine on the patio at our hotel.

image.thumb.jpeg.76e6157fc989dd5f1bc965507e0a4686.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6a0ccc2abf7009bc4ff917fd329b6201.jpeg

Lunch at the Dancing Man Brewery.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Nice to see all of these pictures.  I look forward to following along on your cruise!  Why didn't the four of you stay at the same hotel?

My husband and I had planned to stay at This hotel back in 2020 but never made it here due to the pandemic. We booked it for this vacation as soon as we booked our cruise. My sister waited too long and it was booked up.

• Like 1

Obviously I am not doing a good job of keeping up with this “live report” I will post pictures from Southampton and the ship later.

We had a short taxi ride from our hotel to the port. Boarding was very organized.  Port employees directed us where to sit . They filled each row of seats instead of letting people to choose where to sit.  Suite passengers had an area to the side. Suite passengers were taken aboard first and then the went row by row to board the rest of the passengers.  They had several boarding ramps. It seemed more organized and efficient than some of our boardings in south Florida.

We were able to drop off our carry- on luggage in our room and pick up our sea passes. We completed our muster drill and the used some of our OBC to have lunch at Le  Grand Bistro. We try to avoid crowds in the buffet on embarkation day.  Lunch was good. Service was great.

We went to the Craft Social bar. Excellent service. Elmer is the bar tender. He is great at remembering names and preferences for drinks. My husband drinks bourbon and they have a decent selection at this bar. There are some not covered by the premium package but he has been satisfied with the ones that are covered. Elmer will make the smoked old fashioned drinks. This has also been the best bar for red wine. They do have a Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon that is not on the menu.  It is covered under the premium package. The Celebrity Elegance is no longer covered on the package. This bar also has two ports that are covered on the premium package.   We had the classic package with our booking. We kept our eye on prices and were able to upgrade for $6.99 a day about six months before the cruise.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Following along…given other threads the info on options covered under the premium package should alleviate some concerns.

Several of the bars have other options than the items listed on the menu. Same thing with MDR. There are no Cabernets listed on MDR menu that are 20 or under. However, when I asked the sommelier if he had one that was covered by the premium package, he brought out Decoy.

Today we are in Cobh, Ireland. It is 59 degrees Fahrenheit. It was raining when we arrived but has stopped for the moment. My sister and brother-in-law are going to the Blarney Castle. I’ve been there before so we are going to Cork to tour Jameson Distillery. Hoping to have some time to explore Cobh when we return.

• Like 2