"Scenic London" tour from Southampton to Heathrow??

lamb616

I see on the NCL excursions page, that this is a transfer option once disembarking in Southampton; however, it is not offered for my sailing in August for some reason!  This is *exactly* what I'm looking for, and I can't believe I haven't been able to find a single tour company that offers this. I am not interested in the Southampton-Stonehenge-Heathrow tour, or the Southampton-Downton Abbey-Heathrow tour.  Don't have enough time for the Windsor or Cotswolds options. I just want a little scenic drive around London, maybe stopping to snap a few pictures here and there.   We have to be at Heathrow at about 3:30pm so I figure we have about 7ish hours.  Surely this must be an option out there somewhere that I just haven't been able to find?  
I most likely can't afford to hire a private car to do this for us (max would be like $400 total for 3 of us).

19 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It might be helpful to give your disembarkation date. There might be something going on in central London that precludes the tour, which would probably affect other tours as well as a private transfer. 

Hi, it will be Aug. 25th.

7 hours ago, Globaliser said:

A wild guess, but possibly fear of the traffic effects of the Notting Hill Carnival.

Yep, @lamb616 I’m afraid you’ve inadvertently picked a day when hundreds of thousands of people will be partying on the streets of west London.

The actual event footprint is fairly small and the main tourist attractions aren’t really affected (apart from the area around Kensington Palace), but the impact on traffic can be substantial, including on the main roads out towards Heathrow.

So I can see why NCL might not offer a London tour that day.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:53 PM, gumshoe958 said:

Yep, @lamb616 I’m afraid you’ve inadvertently picked a day when hundreds of thousands of people will be partying on the streets of west London.

The actual event footprint is fairly small and the main tourist attractions aren’t really affected (apart from the area around Kensington Palace), but the impact on traffic can be substantial, including on the main roads out towards Heathrow.

So I can see why NCL might not offer a London tour that day.

still, it seems strange that I can't even find a tour co that offers a "scenic london" tour at all.  But, I'm told that for some reason, NCL doesn't usually list it as an excursion until the few weeks before sailing, so we'll see!