Ninjacat123 and family travel to Tokyo and Kyoto - LIVE land trip June 28 to July 7, 2024!!โ€‹๐Ÿ—พโ€‹

ninjacat123

Posted (edited)

I was able to book tickets to Shibuya Sky.ย  Many of these venues book out rapidly so you need to stay on top of when tickets are available to purchase.

https://www.shibuya-scramble-square.com.e.apy.hp.transer.com/sky/about/?page=1

https://www.shibuya-scramble-square.com.e.apy.hp.transer.com/sky/videos/top_pc.mp4

ย 

https://youtu.be/d0LAeUdMp-0

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We have tickets for TeamLab Borderless.ย  It looks so cool!ย  And there is a part called En Tea House that has interactive art with tea!ย  I'm having the Green Tea ice cream if it's available.

https://www.teamlab.art/e/tokyo/?_gl=1*9ewpfm*_ga*MTA1ODE1MzY5MC4xNzEyMDgwMTUz*_ga_E4JDR7KSJ2*MTcxOTMzNjMzMS4xMy4xLjE3MTkzMzYzNDMuNDguMC4w#notes

ใƒกใ‚คใƒณใƒ“ใ‚ธใƒฅใ‚ขใƒซ

ย 

This looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing what you thought of it.ย ๐Ÿ˜บ

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are visiting TeamLab Borderless in Tokyo. Water there as well?

I visited TeamLab Planets TOKYO, which has water area. TeamLab Borderless is digitial art, some artworks that have mirror floors, please be aware when wearing skirts.

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

This looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing what you thought of it.ย ๐Ÿ˜บ

The four of us went to the Van Gogh Immersive exhibit when it was in Charlotte, very awesome! I told the DDs that this looks like Van Gogh Immersive on steroids!ย  I'm so looking forward to this!๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, monkey@cruise said:

I visited TeamLab Planets TOKYO, which has water area. TeamLab Borderless is digitial art, some artworks that have mirror floors, please be aware when wearing skirts.

Good to know! I'll tell Craig he needs to wear pants.๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 3

Following along. We will be 3 days Tokyo before joining Diamond Princess landย  and 10 day cruise then 2 more b2b cruises next March April 25!ย  Total trip will be 6 weeks.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, hdmiller said:

Following along. We will be 3 days Tokyo before joining Diamond Princess landย  and 10 day cruise then 2 more b2b cruises next March April 25!ย  Total trip will be 6 weeks.ย 

Wow!!ย  That sounds awesome!! If you do a review, please post a link on this thread.ย  Thank you for following and I hope my trip gives you an idea or two for Tokyo!!๐Ÿ˜บ

• Like 1

From the TA site:

"Experience a Japanese tea ceremony in Kyoto while wearing a kimono for an authentic taste of traditional Japan. Suitable kimono options are available for women and men, and you receive guidance on how to wear the provided kimono. Once you have donned the kimono, your tea master starts the tea ceremony. This package includes green tea and Japanese sweets, with ample time for photo ops." Looks like Craig will be getting all pretty too!๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 3

Back in Tokyo, I booked a tour to Tsukiji Fish Market early in the morning through Klook.ย  This is another booking site, like TripAdvisor but this tour was at a cheaper rate.ย  We will visit a variety of food stands (reviews say you are full at the end of the tour) and learn about the fish market.16.jpg

ย 

• Like 5

We are travelling carry on only and a backpack (like Craig and I did last October in Europe) which should make train travel easier. We have tickets for the bullet train reserved between Tokyo and Kyoto.ย  Our plan is to pick up a bento box at Tokyo Station and have lunch on the train.ย  Our seats are on the side of the train where we can see Mt. Fuji as we pass by, weather permitting. Hopefully our trip won't encounter anyone like the movie "Bullet Train"

ย 

• Like 5

TOKYO STATION:

Ekiben (Train Bento):ย  Ekibenya Matsuri Gransta Tokyo๏ผˆ้ง…ๅผๅฑ‹ ็ฅญ๏ผ‰ Located at Central passage near Yaesu Exit central ticket gate. Over 200 different bento items to choose.

image.thumb.png.36c7d1f5bdf9860463336e970e83a1e6.png

ย 

image.thumb.png.31c0942467523b9762613f5e4b3ea0f1.png

ย 

Visit an unique public toilet, which is known as the โ€œTokyo Station Waterscape Toiletโ€œ on the B1 level of Gransta,ย 

image.png.08cbcef55389d3866c8b3159c9310df7.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

TOKYO STATION:

Ekiben (Train Bento):ย  Ekibenya Matsuri Gransta Tokyo๏ผˆ้ง…ๅผๅฑ‹ ็ฅญ๏ผ‰ Located at Central passage near Yaesu Exit central ticket gate. Over 200 different bento items to choose.

image.thumb.png.36c7d1f5bdf9860463336e970e83a1e6.png

ย 

image.thumb.png.31c0942467523b9762613f5e4b3ea0f1.png

ย 

Visit an unique public toilet, which is known as the โ€œTokyo Station Waterscape Toiletโ€œ on the B1 level of Gransta,ย 

image.png.08cbcef55389d3866c8b3159c9310df7.png

Yay!!ย  I've heard Tokyo Station can be confusing so thank you for the directions!ย  And the nifty bathroom๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!ย  I've heard Tokyo Station can be confusing so thank you for the directions!ย  And the nifty bathroom๐Ÿ‘

Don't rely Google map on station navigation because it cannot display 3D mapping. Very few directional maps inside the station. Transferring in Tokyo station isn't difficult, and the top challenge is navigating inside Osaka-Umeda Station. In Tokyo station, all JR Train platforms are on 2F, take the escalator down to 1F, (the bento shop locates near platform 7 stairs). transfers to platform 20-23 for shinkansen. For Shinkansen, if travel with train tickets, insert your Shinkansen ticket and your seat reserved tickets together into the Shinkansen ticket gate to enter the boarding area. Kyoto is over tourism, if you are interesting in Maiko and Geiko, a new Gion museum is opened in May:ย https://gion-museum.com/en/ย  don't be those disrespect tourists chasing Geshi on streets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Don't rely Google map on station navigation because it cannot display 3D mapping. Very few directional maps inside the station. Transferring in Tokyo station isn't difficult, and the top challenge is navigating inside Osaka-Umeda Station. In Tokyo station, all JR Train platforms are on 2F, take the escalator down to 1F, (the bento shop locates near platform 7 stairs). transfers to platform 20-23 for shinkansen. For Shinkansen, if travel with train tickets, insert your Shinkansen ticket and your seat reserved tickets together into the Shinkansen ticket gate to enter the boarding area. Kyoto is over tourism, if you are interesting in Maiko and Geiko, a new Gion museum is opened in May:ย https://gion-museum.com/en/ย  don't be those disrespect tourists chasing Geshi on streets.

Thank you for the insight!ย  I have heard about the rude tourists that are making it bad for the rest of us.ย  Hard for me to imagine chasing someone down the street to get a picture. Ugh!

• Like 1

Now lots of tourist traps in Japan, like Tokyo Tsukiji Market and Kyoto Nishiki Market, street food prices aren't cheap. If you stay near Kyoto station, an underground food court and two floors of restaurants in kyoto station, most with English menu. Kyoto station in LEGO: https://www.hiddenpathskyoto.com/post/kyoto-station-in-lego-a-hidden-gem-of-kyoto-station. A very small dancing fountain with colorful lights next to Kyoto station, The World's First Tatami-Floored Starbucks! Kyoto Ninenzaka Yasaka Chaya.ย 
ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to be onboard this live review as we are planning to be in Japan in October this year. Weโ€˜ll take a cruise from Taiwan (NCL Spirit) to Japan and will hopefully see a lot of this beautiful country. We will stay a couple of days in the Tokyo area after our cruise, so Iโ€˜m looking forward to reading a lot advice here. Enjoy your trip and thanks for taking us along!!!ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katg412 said:

Glad to be onboard this live review as we are planning to be in Japan in October this year. Weโ€˜ll take a cruise from Taiwan (NCL Spirit) to Japan and will hopefully see a lot of this beautiful country. We will stay a couple of days in the Tokyo area after our cruise, so Iโ€˜m looking forward to reading a lot advice here. Enjoy your trip and thanks for taking us along!!!ย 

Oooooo, that sounds like a wonderful trip! Please post a link on this thread if you do a review.ย  Tomorrow is the take off day and I can hardly wait!! Thanks for joining me on this journey Katg412ย ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ธ

• Like 1