Ninjacat123 and family travel to Tokyo and Kyoto - LIVE land trip June 28 to July 7, 2024!!โ€‹๐Ÿ—พโ€‹

ninjacat123

I found out about Tokyo Free Guide through my Japan travel group on the site that shall not be named.ย  You can apply for a guide about 6 to 8 weeks before your trip although I was a slacker and didn't apply till 4 weeks out. Fortunately, I received a response from TFG saying a guide was assigned to me and that I should email the guide within 48 hours to confirm.ย  I sent my confirmation email and that's how I met Aki.ย  Our email correspondence has been almost daily and I couldn't have asked for a better guide.ย  Aki has a tour schedule set up for our first day in Tokyo after we store our luggage at a luggage storage facility that Aki checked out for me.

http://www.tokyofreeguide.org/ย 

• Like 5

I also applied for Kyoto Free Guide but have not heard back from them.ย  I told Aki and he said he owns a house in Kyoto, has lived there 20 years and will be in Kyoto when we will be there. I asked him if he would be available to be our guide in Kyoto and he said yes! He has set up a schedule for one of our days that he thinks will be about 20,000 steps.ย  Good thing I've been hiking with Sky every morning for two months๐Ÿ˜

• Like 4

TFG is not exactly free but pretty darn close.ย  I will pay for Aki's transportation on our tour and if we stop for a snack/lunch, I will buy Aki's as well. I'm bringing some Benne wafers that are from Charleston, SC for Aki as a thank you gift. From what I've been told, food is a welcome gift and the Benne wafers are special to our part of the US.ย  If I find out Aki's favorite liquor I will get him a bottle of that as well.ย 

Right now, I feel like I have a friend in Japan and that is awesome!๐Ÿ‘

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Hope your travels go well today!๐Ÿ˜ป How exciting.

Me too!!ย ๐Ÿคžย thx!!

1 hour ago, Katg412 said:

Have a good journey!

Hopefully we will have no hiccups! Thx!!๐Ÿ‘

58 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Safe travels...see you hopefully enroute keep us posted!

I will be posting from the airport club lounge with a glass of white wine in my hand๐Ÿ˜ปย Thx!!

• Like 4