Cruise from Southampton help

orla56

Posted (edited)

Hi we are cruising from Southampton in October to Spain and Portugal with Royal Caribbean.

We are Uk citizens.Could anyone tell me how many months  we need on our passport. I read you only need 3 months from the UK but also read might be 6 months on a cruise.

Hopefully someone can confirm which is correct for me.TIA.

Edited by orla56

Both countries are in the Schengen area so 3 months but Royal Caribbean require 6 months in their T&Cs.
Also don't forget your passport must also be under 10 years old when leaving those countries, many older UK passports can have more than 10 years, my passport does.

Thank you for your reply Ziggyuk.

Yes mines the same start date 02/04/2015 end date 02/06/25.We return on 10/10/24 so miss using it by 8 days which is annoying.Oh well too bad 👎 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orla56 said:

Thank you for your reply Ziggyuk.

Yes mines the same start date 02/04/2015 end date 02/06/25.We return on 10/10/24 so miss using it by 8 days which is annoying.Oh well too bad 👎 

My other half applied for a new passport in May this year, we did it all online and took our own picture. We had the passport back in a week which was amazing as there were long delays.

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

My other half applied for a new passport in May this year, we did it all online and took our own picture. We had the passport back in a week which was amazing as there were long delays.

That's great, so quick.

I'm trying to decide when to apply for ours.Maybe wait till August🤞

8 minutes ago, orla56 said:

That's great, so quick.

I'm trying to decide when to apply for ours.Maybe wait till August🤞

Yes, I think early August so you have 8 weeks is sensible and allows for issues and it will also be peak holiday season.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It is a very quick and easy process to apply for a passport.  If you are renewing in the same name you just need a photo from a photobooth.  This gives you printed shots and a code number which transfers the image electronically to the government passport website.  You apply on line put the code in and send in your old passport and the new one arrives within three weeks. You get SMS or email updates on how the transaction is progressing.You get your old passport back in a cancelled state.

Regards John

Edited by john watson