Nice, cheap cafes in La Rochelle, Le Havre & Honfleur

amurray88

Hello,

I'm looking for any good recommendations for cafes in the towns mentioned. Tripadvisor is very limited (presume because of the size of these places?) but some were last reviewed in 2015.

Any top tips, please let me know.

Nice, cheap cafes in La Rochelle, Le Havre & Honfleur

6 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

I'm looking for any good recommendations for cafes in the towns mentioned.

The remark about there only being old reviews dating back a number of years surprised me so I had a quick look at la Rochelle on Tripadvisor.

Not surprisingly there is no "cafe" section, because who would write a review about a simple  coffee or tea they had, with or without a pastry?.

For most not looking for a restaurant meal it would be more usual to see a place you like the look of when passing and decide to enter.  Price lists are always available either on the tables, behind or to the side of the service area,  in the window or on an outside board.

However, if you look on the left side of the "restaurant" section and click on "cheap eats", a number of cafe reviews appear, also creperies, and the small number I looked at  are dated much more recently. You are also usually able to buy crepes or waffles from stands in the street where they are made fresh to order--and very tasty they can be too.😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I suggest using the Michelin guide https://www.viamichelin.com/ just type in La Rochelle (Nouvelle Aquitaine) and click around/set your price parameters. I expect you don’t want Michelin starred restaurants - Bib Rouge is the level down (good quality better value) but anything included in the guide will be decent, and will have more recent reviews 

Edited by rhiannon84
Added comment re reviews
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 8:29 PM, rhiannon84 said:

I suggest using the Michelin guide https://www.viamichelin.com/ just type in La Rochelle (Nouvelle Aquitaine) and click around/set your price parameters. I expect you don’t want Michelin starred restaurants - Bib Rouge is the level down (good quality better value) but anything included in the guide will be decent, and will have more recent reviews 

Thank you!

• Thanks 1