Is this doable?

elainmir

Hubby and I have the Fern Grotto Tour with Carnival...it says 3 hours. I'm not sure if that includes drive time there and back. Map wise it's 10 minutes from the port. Our tour runs from 8:45 to 11:45. So I thought if we could make it to Kilohana Plantation by 1 pm , we could do the 40 minute train tour , get an uber there and back. It's 10 minutes also from port to Kilohana. Worst case is we did the 2 pm tour and leave by 3 to return to port as we depart at 5 pm. I'm wondering for those of you who have been to Kauai already if my plan will work?  Sometimes even though it says less than 4 miles it could take 45 minutes,etc depending on traffic...I appreciate any input! Thanks everyone

1 hour ago, elainmir said:

get an uber there and back.

I think this is the part where you run into trouble-- Ubers on Kauai are few and far between and you absolutely cannot rely on them. Rule of thumb is the only places you can count on Ubers in Hawaii are in Honolulu and the main parts of Maui. Otherwise its a craps shoot. 

• Like 1