Scenic loyalty points

1of4

Does anyone know if you accrue loyalty points for city extensions?  We booked our 3rd river cruise with Scenic in June 2025 and I noticed on the invoice that we will be about 350 points from moving up a level. So we were thinking of taking the Paris 3 day extension or booking the Scenic Lyon hotel so I could search out some silk.☺️

I believe so, and I think the details (e.g. points-per-day) are available on their web site, but to be certain you should contact them, either by phone or by email (if email they may take a few days to respond but in my experience they've never just ghosted me). 

Thanks. I have searched the website (which I find problematic in Canada anyway) and only found something on using Scenic hotels to bump up to 20 days and get those perks.

i will call this afternoon after their US office closes so I can speak to the Canadian office in BC. 

UPDATE: I just wasted 25 minutes on the phone with a Scenic phone agent who appeared to know less than me. We have booked a Spectacular South of France river cruise which goes Lyon to Lyon. The agent kept putting me on hold to research but did not identify that she was new. She tried to tell me if I took the Paris Extension the boat would meet us in Paris!  Then she said we would go by coach to Lyon. So I informed her that it was an hour + flight so I was put on hold again and she came back to say that it would be a high speed train but no extensions are available in Paris for our trip in 12 months. 

She said her supervisor said that we ONLY accrue loyalty points for sailing days therefore pre/post hotel nights or extension tours do NOT count for loyalty point balance. 

From their web site (https://www.scenic.ca/about-us/scenic-club-loyalty)

image.png.cf867aa4792f38dfa14c34a0a404970f.png

I'm pretty sure we got points for our land extension in 2019, in Switzerland, so the above info appears to be a change. That could add to the customer service rep's confusion. 

If you're just adding a day or few at their recommended hotel, there aren't any points, based on my 2019 experience in Amsterdam.