Silversea Dress Codes

FieldstonEagle

I am one of those men who do not wat to have to ever wear a tie while on vacation. While I have seen posts that Silversea only has a relaxed dress code (e.g. open collar shirt on most nights in all venues,except formal nights which require a sport coat over an open collar shirt) for me on their two newest ships, a Silversea phone representative has assured me that this is now the practice for all their ships. I'm looking at a transpacific cruise (Papeete to Los Angeles) on the Silver Shadow embarking in April 2025. Is the shipline rep correct in stating a need not bring a tie, just a jacket over an open collar shirt on formal nights and open collar shirt on all other evenings? Thanks. 

Yes - a tie is optional on those formal nights

You and I share the same preferences and I never felt inappropriately dressed although I’m sure some would have passed judgement under their breath at my relaxed style 

Endless threads on this with lots of opinions but I’ll just share be facts.  Bring long pants, sport jacket and collared shirt. Even a polo.  Even if you choose to dine in the casual restaurants on formal night the lounges still require a jacket before and after to enter.  

• Like 2