annual policy - preexisting conditions - cruises already booked.

Hi Steve....I'm hoping you can help me sort out my options.

My husband and I have 3 cruises booked (Aug 2024, Nov 2024 and Feb 2025)  We did not buy insurance at the time of booking, and the Aug cruise is already paid in full.

We would like to purchase an annual policy that includes medical, medical evacuation, etc.  We are 62 and 66, and have stable preexisting conditions (hypertension, high cholesterol) and were both recently diagnosis with Type 2 diabetes.  My husband was diagnosed greater than 60 days ago, and he is stable, but I have had drug and dosage adjustments within the last 60 days.  

Can we get medical coverage for the cruises already booked?  From what I read, I do not qualify.  Is that the case?  

When would be the best time to purchase an annual plan, and what would be the best option for us? 

Thanks in advance - it's very difficult to sort out online without having someone to explain things to us.

3 hours ago, DonnaK said:

Hi Steve....I'm hoping you can help me sort out my options.

My husband and I have 3 cruises booked (Aug 2024, Nov 2024 and Feb 2025)  We did not buy insurance at the time of booking, and the Aug cruise is already paid in full.

We would like to purchase an annual policy that includes medical, medical evacuation, etc.  We are 62 and 66, and have stable preexisting conditions (hypertension, high cholesterol) and were both recently diagnosis with Type 2 diabetes.  My husband was diagnosed greater than 60 days ago, and he is stable, but I have had drug and dosage adjustments within the last 60 days.  

Can we get medical coverage for the cruises already booked?  From what I read, I do not qualify.  Is that the case?  

When would be the best time to purchase an annual plan, and what would be the best option for us? 

Thanks in advance - it's very difficult to sort out online without having someone to explain things to us.

Hi DonnaK,

Unfortunately, the Annual Travel Medical Insurance I have isn't available to a NY resident.

> I have had drug and dosage adjustments within the last 60 days.  

What date was your last medication change?

Steve Dasseos

Thanks for your quick reply Steve.  My last dosage change was on June 17.  I have a follow up appt next week, and anticipate further medication adjustment.