Solo passenger gratuities

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

That surprised me! It is Pinnacle-class so I just assumed that it would have the same solo cabins as the ships on HAL. Reading all the differences on this ship has me curious to sail her.

Same with P&O. Iona and Arvia are XL class Iona has solo inside and balcony cabins Arvia a few years later does not. 

• Thanks 1

Strangely I’ve just had my upgrade offer accepted from an inside to a balcony . It’s cost me another £1200 but I’m unlikely to do this cruise again so I thought I’d bite the bullet and pay the extra.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shingles Mark said:

Strangely I’ve just had my upgrade offer accepted from an inside to a balcony . It’s cost me another £1200 but I’m unlikely to do this cruise again so I thought I’d bite the bullet and pay the extra.

Oh how lovely. That will be extra special with that Itinerary. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Interesting. My July cruise was booked over a year ago and definitely has the standard reduction. My love affair with her will be very short lived if I have to pay 2 x adults. Only reason I don’t sail on Princess is a refuse to pay X 2. Have only QV and QM booked so far for 2025 may be staying that way. Don’t remember seeing any flyers last year and was no stranger to voyage sales. Only travel Carnival brands and have zero interest in any others so can’t comment on other lines. 

Not too sure what you mean by 'Standard reduction' are your referring to 175% 

The 175% for solo occupancy is standard across ALL four ships . As I've mentioned in my post above it is only QA ( Britannia category only)  that will from time to time offer solo guests a reduction from the standard 175% on selected routes .  

34 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Not too sure what you mean by 'Standard reduction' are your referring to 175% 

The 175% for solo occupancy is standard across ALL four ships . As I've mentioned in my post above it is only QA ( Britannia category only)  that will from time to time offer solo guests a reduction from the standard 175% on selected routes .  

I do mean the standard 175% but there are currently sailings on Q A which are not applying this rule and quoting 200% for standard insides when you book online. If I do decide to book this  particular cruise I will ring the  Call Centre in case it’s one of their glitches because currently if you input 1 or 2 passengers it’s still the same price. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I do mean the standard 175% but there are currently sailings on Q A which are not applying this rule and quoting 200% for standard insides when you book online. If I do decide to book this  particular cruise I will ring the  Call Centre in case it’s one of their glitches because currently if you input 1 or 2 passengers it’s still the same price. 

I expect this is sort of error , It has never been known 200% for solo in 'Britannia category' - In Grills yes.😉 

28 minutes ago, Shingles Mark said:

Another quick question to this rather confusing post I have created.

will I get more onboard credit now I have upgraded to a balcony cabin ?

If this was a Plusgrade upgrade (so the email came from Plusgrade) then the OBC that you had will simply carry over to your new stateroom, it won't go up or down.

2 hours ago, Shingles Mark said:

The e mail came from Cunard , thanks anyway we’ll see how it goes 😉

If the email subject line stated "Your Cunard Upgrade offer has been accepted" then that's Plusgrade. If it had a different subject then you best liaise with Cunard about the OBC, since that may be in fact a Fare Difference upgrade, and the OBC aspect may or may not be part of the package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I expect this is sort of error , It has never been known 200% for solo in 'Britannia category' - In Grills yes.😉 

No I have never known it either so was confused when I checked . Also explains why it seems so expensive for an inside. If I do decide I will ring and query it. I  always ring  up as on the whole I am lucky with my dealings with the call centre.