Hotel recommendations for Naples

mthomp5

Can anyone share a recommendation for a good hotel in Naples? Would like something that is central to restaurants/shops and in a safe area. Our price range would be around $300 - $350/night. Thank you for sharing your suggestions!

i would suggest 1)  hotel Vesuvio 2) Hotel santa lucia 3) hotel excelsior

they are just across "Borgo Marinaro" / Santa lucia along the promenade

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:24 AM, salabc said:

i would suggest 1)  hotel Vesuvio 2) Hotel santa lucia 3) hotel excelsior

they are just across "Borgo Marinaro" / Santa lucia along the promenade

Thank you so much! I will check those recommendations out! It will be our first time in Naples.

I stayed at the Hotel Vesuvio 18 months ago and it was wonderful:  right on the waterfront, beautifully designed room, a breakfast that could fuel you all day and elegance, elegance, elegance.

• Thanks 1

The hotels on Via Partenope are quite nice, I stayed in one of them the first time I went to Naples.  They're a bit outside of the "center" and add about a mile of extra walking to the center and back, but that may be worth it to you for the views.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, feist said:

I stayed at the Hotel Vesuvio 18 months ago and it was wonderful:  right on the waterfront, beautifully designed room, a breakfast that could fuel you all day and elegance, elegance, elegance.

Thank you for sharing your comments.  I agree,,,based on the pics, it does look beautiful! Being right on the water provides such wonderful views.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

The hotels on Via Partenope are quite nice, I stayed in one of them the first time I went to Naples.  They're a bit outside of the "center" and add about a mile of extra walking to the center and back, but that may be worth it to you for the views.

Wow!  Having never been to Naples before, I googled “hotel in Via Partenope” and saw a bunch of hotels on a hotel booking site.  I probably won’t use the site but it gave me some ideas of hotels there and they are gorgeous!  There was Partenope Relais and Daily Napoli.  

if seems like this is a very nice area of Naples….the Historical District?

It is a very nice area of Naples but it's not technically in the historic center.  As I said, it will add around a mile to your walk vs. staying in the historic center, but that may be well worth it to you.  It's a beautiful walk.

• Like 1