# of Gala Nights on a QM2 TA - NY to Southampton

e&mcruise

Posted (edited)

2 nights. If you have booked, just check the Voyage Personaliser. If you haven't booked, how important is it in the big scheme of things. If you are getting contradictory messages, just wait and see. You will have plenty of time to prepare for it. On a 7 night Cunard cruise there are usually 2 formal nights.

Edited by MozzaG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MozzaG said:

2 nights.vIf you have booked, just check the Voyage Personaliser. If you haven't booked, how important is it in the big scheme of things. If you are getting contradictory messages, just wait and see. You will have plenty of time to prepare for it. On a 7 night Cunard cruise there are usually 2 formal nights.

Not showing on personal voyager yet, not sailing till May. And yes, it is that important. 🙂

All my recent crossings have been 2 Gala nights, one as plain Gala, the other with a theme such as Black and White. Those other Crossing reports I've read here recently have implied 2 per Crossing. I can remember it being 3 on a 7 night crossing but that was some time ago.

• Thanks 1

It was to be 3 on 7 night crossings in 2020, on nights 2, 4 & 6. The gala on night 4 didn't have a suggested theme. I don't recall if we ever saw the schedule for the rebooking in 2021, but after the restart and certainly by late May 2022 it was reduced to 2 on nights 2 & 6 only and remains like that to at least end of 2024.

If it relates to what to pack you can of course choose to dress for more if you wish.

We have done a number of cruises with P&O where not dressing up for formal nights is practically a lynchable offence for many passengers,I hate dressing up BUT on a recent RCI TA just to keep the peace I got dressed up for the formal nights & was very much in the minority!😆😆