JULY 4th WEIGH IN 🧨

HAPPY 4th.   Still trying to get on track with diet.  I don’t have any tolerance to the heat.  I can’t be out more than about 30minutes.  So far this week no fireworks.  Still will go to la Quinta for the night (keeps 16 yr old dog calm)

Hi Izena, thank you for starting this week's thread. Happy 4th to you as well! I'm glad you found a solution for keeping your dog calm during fireworks. We've had very few fireworks here so far, and we live within 3 blocks of a fireworks store. Kind of unusual - usually they are going off several days ahead, trying to draw in business.

I am up 1 pound. It's been a real struggle these past few weeks. I have a number on my scales that I do not want to go over! So I need to be more diligent about what I eat.

Hope everyone has a good holiday and rest of your week!

Just checking in.  I live in Houston about 10 miles from IAH.  Generator started about 5:45 this morning.  It’s been raining steadily and wind gusts have picked up - tress are swaying.  Sure by the end many trees will be uprooted (roots are at the surface no deep tap roots - so with heavy rains and winds trees topple over).  

im still working on my mental health- working on positive attitude. Only taking essential blood pressure meds - hopefully will get back on track soon. 

• Like 1

Winds finally stopped around 1pm Monday.  I didn’t sustain any damage.  Lots of trees and branches .   Newer housing section under 10 years old sustained incredible amount of roof damage.   It’s Wednesday generator still running it’s been 54 hours. With all the tree damage it will take awhile - …. Stores slowly opening. A few  

Gas stations open  lines are long tempers short (people needing gas for portable generators).  Im just staying home.  A friend without power  refused multiple offers  to come stay (she had to leave cats at home). She is beyond exhausted, dehydrated  —- she arrived 2 hours ago and went straight to bed -  her two dogs are staying close to her.  
  We are in an area where damage has been inspected and they will start repairs - hopefully power will restart in the next 24 hours.  

Oh my word, Izena!  It looks like you dodged a bullet, but so many of your neighbors were not so fortunate.  Sometimes it feels like the world is conspiring against you when one bad thing after another happens.  The one thing you can count on though is that the pendulum always swings in the opposite direction (eventually).  Hang in there.  Will be sending positive vibes your way.      

I feel very blessed.  Able afford generator and have it for this event.  78 hours and counting can’t believe power co.  Could be tomorrow or could be Sunday, or later.  Still rare gas and few stores open with long lines.  I’m not venturing out tooo frustrating.  

thanks for the prayers and positive support.