Why no deck umbrellas on Celebrity Apex?

2 hours ago, keesar said:

Is that an extra version olive oil based lotion?  I used to apply baby oil with iodine.  PF=1.😀

No, but that sounds interesting! 

11 hours ago, sun bum said:

Just off the Ascent in January. There is umbrella surrounding the whole pool deck.

IMG_4398.jpeg

Thank you. This is my point. They also had them on the NCL SHIPS by the pool deck. 

17 hours ago, JBare said:

Who mentioned the pool deck ?

OP mentioned outdoor decks, so the pool deck certainly qualifies as outdoors.

On 7/4/2024 at 5:14 PM, Noworkforme23 said:

This will be our first time sailing on Celebrity and I like to research and watch videos on YouTube and such. 
We will be sailing on the Apex in December and almost all the videos I have seen online have zero umbrellas on the outdoor deck areas on the Apex????? I can’t find one video where there is deck umbrellas…. I will probably spend most of my time in the solarium, but do they just not have any deck chair umbrellas on this ship?? And why not???

We were on Edge in early June and when we were boarding in Seattle, the umbrellas were up for all to enjoy in the rooftop garden area.  Just before we sailed, they came around, closed them and tied them, which is how it remained the rest of the cruise.

On 7/4/2024 at 9:25 PM, Noworkforme23 said:

NCL has umbrellas and other cruise lines have them as well. I have seen them in videos on other Celebrity ships like the Ascent as well. 

We sail NCL quite a bit and had umbrellas when we had passes for the Vibe Beach Club area (and maybe in the Haven? can't remember for sure), but I've never seen one on the regular pool/sun decks.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, gymbomb said:

We sail NCL quite a bit and had umbrellas when we had passes for the Vibe Beach Club area (and maybe in the Haven? can't remember for sure), but I've never seen one on the regular pool/sun decks.

Edited by Noworkforme23
Lots of photos online on NCL Encore. They had them on deck and in the Vibe Beach club both when we were on it.