Tokyo to port of Yokohama cruise port

5 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Felice,

Thank you for your questions as I have similar ones. Our ship the Riviera does embark from Yokohama on April 1 but it disembarks from Tokyo International Cruise Port in Tokyo. Now that information may change. Your getting to Kyoto will be different from what pinotlover and Hank suggested. I do like the idea of shipping luggage from one hotel to another. We are in Ginza for several days before we go to Oceania’s free night offer. We don’t know what hotel they are using at this time. I will checkout Blacklane to get us to our hotel from Haneda. Is Blacklane suggested to go from a Ginza hotel to Haneda? I’ve checked Google maps for public transportation. It looks as though there are long walks with luggage and transfers.

thank you.

Hi,

Glad you noted the different port for our disembarkation.  I will check before we make definite plans.

It will be our first trip to Japan

Looking forward to an awesome adventure. 

Anyone have suggestions for Nagasaki that don't include bomb sites and history of the devastation? I don't mean to be crude but it's just too much for us to handle.

Thanks 

Felice 😎

6 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi Hank

I appreciate your advice.  We are going from Tokyo Hotel to ship so either train to Yokohama and then a taxi or taxi all the way.  I need to compare costs. May as well take a taxi if it's not a fortune. 

Then Riviera at Yokohama cruiseport to Kyoto Hotel means we can't send our bags ahead to the hotel. 

Felice 🇮🇹

If in your situation you have to make a decision do you want to deal with the hassles of the subway/metro, and train to get to Shin Yokohama or pay the big bucks (probably about $50) for a taxi from the port to Shin Yokohama.  By the way, we spent a week in Kyoto and it was all very good.  Another decision, you need to make, is whether to buy the train tickets you need, or get a JR Rail Pass (i.e. a 7 day pass).  We opted for the rail pass, and took advantage when we spent one of our Kyoto days taking the train all the way to Hiroshima for a day trip.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

I have no experience with the Tokyo Cruise Terminal only Yokohama. One would also need to do the comparison of going to Tokyo Central and catching the train there versus Yokohama.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2024 at 4:53 PM, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi,

Glad you noted the different port for our disembarkation.  I will check before we make definite plans.

It will be our first trip to Japan

Looking forward to an awesome adventure. 

Anyone have suggestions for Nagasaki that don't include bomb sites and history of the devastation? I don't mean to be crude but it's just too much for us to handle.

Thanks 

Felice 😎

Consider visiting the Peace Park in Nagasaki - it has striking gardens, the massive peace sculpture and many peace sculptures and art donated by countries all over the world. If on a tour, you will be subject to some history, but the Peace Park is separate from Ground Zero and the Museum (which does contain many graphic images and stories).

Another option is Glover Gardens - if you dock at the International Wharf, it's a very easy walk from your berth. 🍺🥌

• Thanks 1