how to get to water taxi from the cruise port in St Tomas for water island

Hello cruises.  We hav decided ro go to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island during our day on St Thomas. I have a heart condition and need to stay closer tohe golf cart.

Can anyone give me directions to get to the water taxi once you get off the ship?  All ive seen is to walk to somewhere called tickles to cath the taxi and then there will be a free shuttle to take you to the beach or ou can rent a golf cart.  I need directions walking from the ship or do you take a taxi. Heart condition doesn't allow me to talk too far in the heat.

One you get thee, do they drop you off at Dinghy's for a chair rental? Would it be better just to rent a golf cart or is the shuttle ok? Thank you in advance

There are 2 cruise ports. Royal Caribbean ships dock at Crown Bay which is in walking distance (equivalent to 2 city blocks) from Tickles where you catch the Water Island ferry.

If you're docking at Havensight, you would take a taxi to Tickles at Crown Bay.

The USVI web site that describes Water Island can't be linked on these boards but if you search for the water island ferry you will get all the information you need, including ferry times.  Very close to Crown Bay port for RCI ships, but timing is important.  We have been there with only two guys stocking the bar for the weekend.