Flight time and last boarding time

Hi everyone, we are due to go on our first fly-cruise on the 18th July and fly from Malta. The flights are later than we had hoped and land at 6pm in Malta. Our boarding passes say last boarding 7pm. I’m assuming that as the flight is chartered by P and O this will be enough time but was wondering if this is usual? And if anyone else has done these flights and knows what time we might get onto the boat? Travelling with someone with some mobility issues so hoping there won’t be a mad rush! Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, HappyGiraffe said:

We were late sailing from Malta a few years ago on Azura as one of the P&O charter flights was delayed. It's their flight, they have to wait for you!

Thank you. I hope we don’t have a delay and it will all go smoothly. It’s been a rocky road to get to this point due to the sudden death of my father who should have been with us. Thanks for replying and putting my mind at rest 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HappyGiraffe said:

We were late sailing from Malta a few years ago on Azura as one of the P&O charter flights was delayed. It's their flight, they have to wait for you!

They will wait as long as they can. If port authorities tell them to go they have to go! But they will arrange accommodation and catching the ship at next available port etc.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2024 at 9:28 AM, Jonesthecat said:

Hi everyone, we are due to go on our first fly-cruise on the 18th July and fly from Malta. The flights are later than we had hoped and land at 6pm in Malta. Our boarding passes say last boarding 7pm. I’m assuming that as the flight is chartered by P and O this will be enough time but was wondering if this is usual? And if anyone else has done these flights and knows what time we might get onto the boat? Travelling with someone with some mobility issues so hoping there won’t be a mad rush! Thanks in advance 

How did you get on? I have a similar situation soon with a 6pm flight arrival time but a 7pm cruise last boarding. Feeling a bit apprehensive!

1 hour ago, Newcruiser64006 said:

How did you get on? I have a similar situation soon with a 6pm flight arrival time but a 7pm cruise last boarding. Feeling a bit apprehensive!

The ship will wait if you are on a flight chartered by P&O a Manchester flight was about 2hrs delayed last week and they waited. You will have no problems.

• Like 1

We just got back from two weeks on Azura out of Malta. We had an afternoon flight and landed around 6pm. 

1, suitcases went straight to the ship, we didnt have to collect them. 

2, transfer was less then 15 mins

3, onboard by 7pm

4, week two, two flights were late getting to Malta so we waited untill 930pm for them.

5, we had a late flight home 7pm. Had to be out of room by 8am. 

6, Suitcases outside room night before and next seen was at our uk airport.

7, hand luggage can be placed in the theatre, you get a ticket for it, can be accessed at anytime.. secure and manned. 👍

8, can use ship facilities unitll your transefer to airport (ours was 4pm)

9, allowed off the ship on departure day as long as back by transfer time. 

Very slick and well done by P&O tbh. Very easy all round👍

• Like 7