TAs Special Restaurant Offer

Posted (edited)

If you are indicating that your TA has provided a specialty restaurant perk for you for booking through them, that is typically being offered by them directly and not by the cruise line.  If so, as it is a separate perk by a third party, I would doubt that the cruise line would accept that as a credit towards a dining package offered by them.  But I guess you could call RCCL and ask.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you are indicating that your TA has provided a specialty restaurant perk for you for booking through them, that is typically being offered by them directly and not by the cruise line.  If so, as it is a separate perk by a third party, I would doubt that the cruise line would accept that as a credit towards a dining package offered by them.  But I guess you could call RCCL and ask.

it is not actually a separate perk by a third party.

It is offered by Royal as a pass through promotion to select TA's.  Royal still sets the terms and conditions of which clients get this based on the cruise category and sailing date.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

it is not actually a separate perk by a third party.

It is offered by Royal as a pass through promotion to select TA's.  Royal still sets the terms and conditions of which clients get this based on the cruise category and sailing date.

Understood, but there also are TA sponsored perks that would be separate from those you reference and would be considered as third party, such as refundable OBC, etc. Correct?

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Understood, but there also are TA sponsored perks that would be separate from those you reference and would be considered as third party, such as refundable OBC, etc. Correct?

Yes, I also have $ in OBC.   Got good perks and surprisingly resident discount. 

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Is it customary to give an 18%?? gratuity on the complimentary specialty dining?  Or is that covered by the standard gratuities, since you aren't eating in MDR etc. that evening?

In addition I also give some extra if service is excellent.  I have been lucky in my sails to get waiters that would go the extra effort. 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Is it customary to give an 18%?? gratuity on the complimentary specialty dining?  Or is that covered by the standard gratuities, since you aren't eating in MDR etc. that evening?

I think that is a fair question and I believe that the complimentary specialty dining will include the gratuity.  I say that as any other time you purchase a specialty restaurant, a separate gratuity is added for that restaurant regardless of those paid as standard for the MDR, etc.  One is not replaced by the other. They are also typically a separate wait staff. 

And to be clear for the thread I am not stating a pro or con position here, just my understanding of how it works.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There are.  Mostly OBC but some TA'a will also buy bottles of wine or strawberries in the room but it could be anything in the "gifts" section on Royals site.

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are.  Mostly OBC but some TA'a will also buy bottles of wine or strawberries in the room but it could be anything in the "gifts" section on Royals site.

Would that not include specialty dining options as well?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Would that not include specialty dining options as well?

No.  

The TA would have to book a specific restaurant and time and date.  I don't know of any TA doing that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1