A shout out to the Boston Cruise Terminal

Posted (edited)

We sailed the Gem out of Boston last Friday June 28th. Having never sailed out of Boston I read all I could about where to park, what time to arrive etc...

I have to say I was happy with the terminal, it was fast and easy. I booked parking online for "1 Black Falcon Ave" thru the Parkwhiz App. It was $178 for the week. I drove to the terminal and pulled over a the bag drop area at 9:30. Porters were there and help remove the bags from the car. My wife got out and I drove about 2 blocks to park, couldn't have been more easier. We were in line, about 20 back and they announced they would be opening at 10:00. We stood around chatting with some other passengers while waiting for our friends to show up. At 10:00 we all went up the escalators thru security and then to check in. They have a separate line for Haven and Suites. By 10:15 we were in the Haven / Suite waiting area when we were told boarding would start between 10:30 and 10:45......  Wow, we began boarding at 10:40, never boarded so early ever. We were taken to Moderno were they had drinks, sliders and some other food for us. Around 11:30 we went over to Cagney's for lunch. Cabins were not ready until 2:00pm, our Butler did take our carry on's to our cabin. I would sail out of Boston again, it was easy and quick.....Our Bags arrived around 3:00pm to our cabin

Getting off the ship yesterday was just as easy. We were told to meet in the Theater at 7:30am. By 8:00am we were walking off the ship. Unlike NYC Boston has three elevators for passengers. We were driving home by 8:15am

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 10

Same exact Haven experience we had a month ago on the Gem (including times you mentioned) so they appear to be consistent with their service. We live 45 miles from Boston and were home by 9AM.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 6:00 PM, slidemaster5 said:

Same exact Haven experience we had a month ago on the Gem (including times you mentioned) so they appear to be consistent with their service. We live 45 miles from Boston and were home by 9AM.

Sailing out of Boston was so easy and we would do it again, unfortunately its a 6 hour drive for us

I love sailing out of Boston. I can plan to get there for when the lines are slow after the initial rush, and then be home, after picking the dog up, within an hour or so.

• Like 1