Questions for my first QM2 Crossing

Aoumd

I've just spoken to a friend who used to work on the staffing side of Cunard (and whose job used to involve regular TA voyages, the jammy dodger), and he's confirmed that QM2 doesn't carry mail. The title is just a courtesy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think your questions have already been answered. But I will note the following based on one westbound TA crossing in December 2023: 

1. A much higher percentage of men on gala nights wore tuxedos rather than dark suits. But I wore a dark suit and never felt out of place. 

2. There were no issues with elevators. 

3. There was a hot tub outside on the walking deck that was used. When walking outside the ship, I saw a few intrepid souls using it. 

4. On our crossing, one of the speakers was the naval architect who designed the QM2. He was excellent. 

5. My crossing was westbound. To catch a flight, I wanted to leave the ship as early as possible. We arrived in New York early. It seems I was off the ship by 7 am or so. A concern was whether I could carry both suitcases. At one level, there was an elevator to use as well as the escalators, which would have been an issue.