Recent / Current Equinox Cruisers

Hello everyone,

Can recent / current Cruisers onboard Equinox tell us what they have noticed ( if anything ) with regard to the work completed on the recent dry dock visit of the ship 🚢 ?
Thanks

We were on the June 4th sailing.  I think most of the work was maintenance/mechanical normal maintenance schedule type of stuff.  There was some carpet replaced and some public space updates but definitely nothing big.  I heard they changed a couple of cabins to a different suite level.  Our cabin (regular balcony) was not upgraded at all.  Definitely dated but comfortable.  We were not bothered by the cabin at all.  The ship is in decent shape.  I will say that I was definitely disappointed with the main dining room.  Food quality was not up to par.  Caesar salad dressing tasted like it was watered down.  Menu options were boring for the most part.  I honestly did not have anything that said "Yum" (except the special night that they had Grand Marnier souffle!!--that was really good).  We have been on 10 Celebrity cruises and this was our 2nd on Equinox.  At this point, I don't think I would go back to Equinox.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

We were on the June 4th sailing.  I think most of the work was maintenance/mechanical normal maintenance schedule type of stuff.  There was some carpet replaced and some public space updates but definitely nothing big.  I heard they changed a couple of cabins to a different suite level.  Our cabin (regular balcony) was not upgraded at all.  Definitely dated but comfortable.  We were not bothered by the cabin at all.  The ship is in decent shape.  I will say that I was definitely disappointed with the main dining room.  Food quality was not up to par.  Caesar salad dressing tasted like it was watered down.  Menu options were boring for the most part.  I honestly did not have anything that said "Yum" (except the special night that they had Grand Marnier souffle!!--that was really good).  We have been on 10 Celebrity cruises and this was our 2nd on Equinox.  At this point, I don't think I would go back to Equinox.

Sorry to hear things have been disappointing. 

See my response in other post with similar questions.

Ascent for sure.

Our cabin Concierge Class on Eq was one of the refurbished ones. The whole ship just  looks older and tired and gave off low energy vibes from the food to the staffing. 
Everyone was really polite but just not the same overall experience as Ascent. 
May have been an off week but we won’t go back to the older ships. 

Have fun on your cruise. 

On 7/7/2024 at 9:50 AM, dock said:

See my response in other post with similar questions.

Ascent for sure.

Our cabin Concierge Class on Eq was one of the refurbished ones. The whole ship just  looks older and tired and gave off low energy vibes from the food to the staffing. 
Everyone was really polite but just not the same overall experience as Ascent. 
May have been an off week but we won’t go back to the older ships. 

Have fun on your cruise. 

I really appreciate your observations on the refurbished ship.  I am currently booked on Eclipse for a TA in March 2025, following my cruise she is going to drydock.  From what I have read, it will be a "basic" not Summit type refurbishment.  I still see comments from folks recently sailed on Eclipse, who say very good things, though many do say while they had a great cruise the ship is very tired, worn and in serious need of attention.  Since I will be spending two weeks on the ship, with LOTS of sea days, I really don't want tired.  While I have not yet canceled, I have booked a 15 day TA on Virgin, so I do plan to cancel.  I know VV will be a different experience, though I am OK with that, and actually looking forward to something different.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We just got off on July 11.  We found the ship to be in very good shape.  Staff were really good.  Food quality in the main fixed dining was surprisingly good given some reviews.  We had late fixed dining time.  We had three veranda cabins for our family. 7118, 7120, 7122.  All were in fine shape. 

We found the main dining room third floor cramped with the suite dining room cutting off space and window light since we’re last aboard.  Ship was sold out with over 3000 onboard.  The spaces where there was lawn removed are really nice  on deck fifteen. 

Overall we loved the state of the ship. 

Edited by jmps