Infinity - First timer what balcony questions

I apologize if there's a different place I should be posting this, please let me know and I will move the post. I'm a near first time cruiser and am looking at a cruise on the Infinity, Adriatic and Mediterranean in Nov. If I book a balcony and want to change to a different balcony in the same class, is that able to be done after I do the booking?

Is there much of a difference between balconies on decks 6, 7, 8, or 9? I was leaning towards midship but it appears that is only available on deck 6 which has quite a bit of availability which makes me wonder if there's something less desirable about it?

Deck 7 has forward options

Deck 8 has forward or aft right beside the elevators or one lone cabin 8179 near the rear

Deck 9 has 1 prime stateroom that is forward near the elevators 9039 for the same price.

I am concerned about potential for motion sickness and will bring stuff to address this.

Any help anyone can give on key things to take into consideration with a room on this ship would be helpful!  I'm mainly concerned about noise and motion.

Capture.JPG

Just now, jlbartley said:

I apologize if there's a different place I should be posting this, please let me know and I will move the post. I'm a near first time cruiser and am looking at a cruise on the Infinity, Adriatic and Mediterranean in Nov. If I book a balcony and want to change to a different balcony in the same class, is that able to be done after I do the booking?

Is there much of a difference between balconies on decks 6, 7, 8, or 9? I was leaning towards midship but it appears that is only available on deck 6 which has quite a bit of availability which makes me wonder if there's something less desirable about it?

Deck 7 has forward options

Deck 8 has forward or aft right beside the elevators or one lone cabin 8179 near the rear

Deck 9 has 1 prime stateroom that is forward near the elevators 9039 for the same price.

I am concerned about potential for motion sickness and will bring stuff to address this.

Any help anyone can give on key things to take into consideration with a room on this ship would be helpful!  I'm mainly concerned about noise and motion.

Capture.JPG

We always select a deck and cabin location based on no public areas above or below us. We enjoy the motion of the ocean so being forward isn't an issue for us. 

Thank you. This makes sense. Is there a good way to understand what is above/below each of the different areas? Best site to visit to see this or is this something that an agent should be helping us with?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jlbartley said:

Thank you. This makes sense. Is there a good way to understand what is above/below each of the different areas? Best site to visit to see this or is this something that an agent should be helping us with?

Check out the deck plans on Celebrity's or a TAs website for the Infinity. I prefer to do this myself, not the opinion of a TA. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Looks on quick glance (I couldn’t get the official deck plans on celebrity to open but I often have trouble with their site) Lind deck six mid shop is above restaurants and stores and has a deck of all cabins above.  I try not to book below things like restaurants but have never contemplated bring above one.  Perhaps someone will have some experience to share.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Looks on quick glance (I couldn’t get the official deck plans on celebrity to open but I often have trouble with their site) Lind deck six mid shop is above restaurants and stores and has a deck of all cabins above.  I try not to book below things like restaurants but have never contemplated bring above one.  Perhaps someone will have some experience to share.

Just think about booking a cabin above a  bar, or any high volume public space. Not for us.  

Edited by doghog

Just now, doghog said:

Just think about booking a cabin below the pool deck, bar, or any high volume public space. Not for us.  

Yeah, I always sandwich in between but never considered above…assumed below would be noisy and annoying 😂

Posted (edited)

Ahhh yes, thank you for these tips.  That's likely why there is so much available on deck 6 is because of the public spaces below. I'll focus more on deck 7. Otherwise I'm wondering if there may be less noise above something like the art gallery vs the restaurants if deck 6 is all that works out?

My choices may be deck 6 above the art gallery/specialty shops, deck 7 forward near the stairs/elevator, or deck 8 fore or aft, near the elevators or at the very rear of the ship in a corner that looks like it could be quiet.

Now it appears I need to decide between the potential noise of being above a public space or fore/aft near an elevator and risking motion....anything else I'm not considering here or you think I should think about?

Edited by jlbartley

One other thing to consider is that on Deck 6, depending where you are located, you may be looking down from the balcony onto lifeboats on the deck below.  If you don't spend a lot of time on your balcony, or don't care about looking down, it might not matter to you.  You also can see straight out - it's just the view down that might be blocked.  You can see where the lifeboats are located by looking at photos of the outside of the ship - which don't have room numbers but give you an idea of location.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is also a smoking area mid-ship, port side on deck 4 (or is it 5?).  That could drift up to a Deck 6 cabin in that area