Sky Peak Gondola - What is at the top?

BeachTunes

We will port in Icy Strait Point in September. I'm wondering if there is a restaurant at the top of the Sky Peak Gondola or at least a stand to get a casual snack and drinks. I know there are walking/hiking trails but have read mixed reports about facilities, if any, are on top. Thank you! 

When we were there in June there was essentially a food truck with some really good barbecued tacos. Plenty of picnic tables on a nice day. 

• Like 2

There's views of the neighboring area. 

There's a trail to walk to the lake (which does require a group due to bear safety). There's a tram version of the tour. There's picnic tables. 

• Like 1

I took the tram tour last summer and I don't remember anything available at the top.  

The walking tour to the lake was poorly organized and the guide begged for tips - wasn't really worth the time. The Tram tour is extra $$$ and has to be purchased in advance. 

I took the tram up and down the mountain a few times - it was lovely clear day so the views were great. Definitely expensive for what it was - I wouldn't pay the money on a cloudy day.  

• Like 1

As I remember it was a nice ride to the top and great view, but nothing else.  Down below I remember a gift shop, there was a restaurant but only available to those who had booked shore excursion. On a previous trip what restaurants that were there were sold out or closed. Our first Alaska cruise we booked a whale watching cruise, that was great.

• Like 1