Bliss Denali Explorer

We are cruising on Bliss on 9-7-2024, prior to that we are doing the explorer land tour. One section includes train from Talkeetna to Anchorage, states in famous glass domed train, im trying to find out if we ride in the glass domed cars or is just the regular cars?? If anyone has previously done, please let me know if the glass dome car is part of the package.  Thanks

i understand there are 2 types of cars, but on Alaska rail they show 2 classes of tickets, adventure and gold star, gold star is the glass dome while adventure is the regular. Traveling thru the NCL land tour which class of ticket is included or do we have access to both classes of train car .

adventure class has a vista dome car plus regular seating. more information about the adventure class dome car: https://www.alaska.org/advice/alaska-railroad-adventure-class-or-goldstar-dome-car-service 

on the cruise tour brochure on the ncl website: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL-AK-Cruisetour-Brochure-May2022-273026.pdf#node-89790 page 25 has a deception about the train ride. it says "full bar and meal service are available for purchase ". this to me, means that it is a regular adventure class ticket. only gold star has the meal included

The 2025 version says Continue on your journey south while traveling along the rails of the world-famous Alaska Railroad from Talkeetna to Anchorage in a deluxe dome railcar. 

and 

Deluxe dome car journey along the rails of the Alaska Railroad between Talkeetna and Anchorage

For the price of those cruisetours I would hope they wouldn't cheap out on the class.

4 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

The 2025 version says Continue on your journey south while traveling along the rails of the world-famous Alaska Railroad from Talkeetna to Anchorage in a deluxe dome railcar. 

and 

Deluxe dome car journey along the rails of the Alaska Railroad between Talkeetna and Anchorage

For the price of those cruisetours I would hope they wouldn't cheap out on the class.

Thank you, just looked at the new brochure, in there it does say "travel in deluxe dome car"

Posted (edited)

Just an FYI while the dome cars are nice they are cramped. Take every opportunity you have to go downstairs and out on the platform. I have even gone to the regular cars on occasion just to have some space They do make good bloody Mary’s though. 

Edited by zqvol

15 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Just an FYI while the dome cars are nice they are cramped. Take every opportunity you have to go downstairs and out on the platform. I have even gone to the regular cars on occasion just to have some space They do make good bloody Mary’s though. 

Thanks for the info

When we did the cruisetour last year we were in the Wilderness Explorer cars - these are private cars owned by the tour company and are not associated with the AK RR program. You will have drinks and dinner service between Talkeetna and Anchorage both of which you will have to pay extra for. However the meal and drinks are well worth the price.

Note: we did the Authentic Alaska tour on the Jewel and rode the train from Denali to Talkeetna with drinks and lunch. When we got off the train, the Bliss tour group boarded for their journey.