Cocktail question

Never had any problem getting a decent bourbon on Princess or any other line we have sailed. We always order straight up/neat and have never been handed a drink on the rocks, if we were we would have returned it. Occasionally will drink a martini (gin or vodka very dry not dirty) and always can find a high end spirit.  We do not purchase drink packages as we do not imbibe that much. As for mixed drinks, Never, don't like sweet with our  libation not to mention the calories of all that sugar!

Just a thought when discussing diluted or watered down liquor the volume of etoh remains the same, though the concentration of alcohol and flavor molecules decreases changing the over flavor.

I had a guy at Skywaker's on Ruby Princess bring me Cognac on the rocks. At first he tried the "pour it off the ice and send it again" thing. When I walked it back to the bar and complained he tried to tell me that, "all of our liquor is stored cold". I pointed to the bottle on the shelf right behind him. I had to explain to the bartender the reasoning behind the shape of the Cognac snifter. He had no clue. I told him to drink it himself and took the elevator down to Club Fusion and ordered the Cognac there. An assistant bartender started grabbing the wrong glass and the regular bartender stopped him and directed him to the proper glass. I then told him about the "ice incident" upstairs and he was appalled. It was obviously a case of either very poor training or no training at all for the bartender in Skywalker's.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm fine with Bulleit Bourbon but I really wish they would carry Bulleit Rye which is my drink of choice.

I drink Bulleit Rye Manhattans at home. I don't like the Bourbon. 

9 minutes ago, radiationman said:

Redemption Rye 👍

Sadly not available on Princess. Back in the "old west" days rye was the mainstay of whiskey. These days not so much. Redemption Rye, like Bulleit Rye, is 95% Rye. Redemption is 92 Proof and Bulleit is 90 Proof. Offer me either one and I will be happy. Princess seems to pretty much carry only Jack Daniel's Rye. Meh... They used to carry John Jacob Rye. I gave it a try. Nope.