Question about Back to Back Cruise Process for Utopia

Most b2b passengers follow the above plan, but they also have a plan for those who want to get off the ship to spend time in port.  Typically those folks will receive their new sea pass card and an in transit pass; if they desembark using this option, they re-board during general boarding (not with the other b2b passengers)

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 12:15 PM, firefly333 said:

My last cruise b3b on harmony customs boarded in Galveston and checked. Not because it was a small group, exceptionally large group. 2nd one did not go well. The dinger the thing where you have to ding your card back in stopped working and they held us in a large conference room jammed full right up until the cruisers outside were boarding. In fact my friend outside boarded before I was able to ding out from the holding room.

That alone would make me a little less "loyal to Royal"! We're people, not numbers!

59 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

That alone would make me a little less "loyal to Royal"! We're people, not numbers!

Well I'm sure they meant well just the machine broke. Otherwise we would have been early.

The week before turn around was worse. Coast guard came on checked our passports, and we waited and waited. We had to be herded off. Where we stood in a single file line. People were saying this is too long on our feet for old people. We had 2 stowaways and the crew had to go looking for them. Just wasnt my lucky b3b. They had to remove all the b2bers so the crew could hunt down the 2 who didnt ding out and were hiding.  

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well I'm sure they meant well just the machine broke. Otherwise we would have been early.

The week before turn around was worse. Coast guard came on checked our passports, and we waited and waited. We had to be herded off. Where we stood in a single file line. People were saying this is too long on our feet for old people. We had 2 stowaways and the crew had to go looking for them. Just wasnt my lucky b3b. They had to remove all the b2bers so the crew could hunt down the 2 who didnt ding out and were hiding.  

Sorry for not clarifying. I was taking about being stuck in a conference room waiting. I wasn't there though, you were, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

The stowaway situation sounds very annoying. The Coast Guard has much better uses for their time than finding passengers that don't know when enough is enough! Shame on those two!!