A few questions

For those who have gone with PG, is the atmosphere relaxed? I know dress code is Country Club Casual, but I mean the general feel, is it easy going? We love great food, and are pretty low key so not looking to dance the night away or play bingo. We just like to "take it all in" while enjoying a cocktail or 2.

Do we need to be "dressed" for breakfast or is t-shirts and shorts acceptable and common?

Wines, are they mostly French that are served? My husband enjoys many French wines, so he's hopeful. Curious, are there US Beers served on board? Hear great things about Hinano, so he is looking forward to trying them!

When arriving in ports - if not going with PG for an excursion, how long should we anticipate before we can hop in a tender?

Thank you for 
sharing any tips/information!

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2024 at 2:19 PM, WaggesAZ said:

For those who have gone with PG, is the atmosphere relaxed? I know dress code is Country Club Casual, but I mean the general feel, is it easy going? We love great food, and are pretty low key so not looking to dance the night away or play bingo. We just like to "take it all in" while enjoying a cocktail or 2.

Do we need to be "dressed" for breakfast or is t-shirts and shorts acceptable and common?

Wines, are they mostly French that are served? My husband enjoys many French wines, so he's hopeful. Curious, are there US Beers served on board? Hear great things about Hinano, so he is looking forward to trying them!

When arriving in ports - if not going with PG for an excursion, how long should we anticipate before we can hop in a tender?

Thank you for 

la Orana! 😊 

So jealous! You are going soon? I can't wait to go back, hopefully next year 🧜🏻‍♀️

The vibe on board is chill and friendly, no problem with t-shirts and shorts for breakfast or lunch. Servers are super nice and remember your preferences. The food was excellent. Different wines from different places are served each night, then there is the wine list which we never felt we needed. I would say there is a normal USA selection of beers, the Hinano is very good and we brought home some of their souvenir glasses. We never had any trouble getting on early tenders, they have a large capacity (120+ and there are only 330 guests on board) and are able to move a lot of people at a time, that said, ymmv 😉

The mini fridge is stocked when you get there, but if you let your room attendant know what you like or dislike, they can customize it to your needs. There are not a lot of electrical outlets in the room, so if you bring European adapters you can grab a couple extra outlets, and a simple extension cord might be helpful because the placement of the outlets are not optimal. I brought magnetic hooks for the walls to hang stuff, there is a small clothes line in the bathtub, we were three in the room and space was at a premium. Once you get on board and go through registration, if you're interested, head over to the marina, get your snorkel and fins which you will hang on to for your entire cruise, and take with you on excursions if you need them. 

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Edited by TheDarkestBlue

Pool bar in June. We didn’t do a lot of ship excursions and had no problem getting on a tender whenever we wanted. There was only 265 people on our sailing, but the tenders are very large and they have it down to a science. We did have to sign up for a tender time at the private motu, but chose to ride the zodiac instead (from the marina).

IMG_3237.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 11:19 AM, WaggesAZ said:

Thank you for 

You already got my two cents worth 😉

Just a few things to add to the great answers above:

• Tshirts, shorts, flipflops, etc are totally acceptable at brekkie. We eat mostly at Le Grill on deck 8 which is always casual (shorts okay for dinner even; but it's the same menu for 5 days at a time). It's very casual in Le Grill for brekkie and lunch.
  • If you have private excursions arranged for any port, be sure to let the shore excursions desk know the time you are meeting your vendor on shore and even the vendor contact info. I was (pleasantly) surprised at how accommodating they were for private excursions; great service as always. 
  • Like 1

Depends on how full the ship is  ....

I've been on-board when we could not get the first tender ... but the ship weas full. Depends on which island  .... as an example on Rangiroa there are only a few ship excursions but on Bora bora there are many which  take up room on the first tender. Been on the PG 16 times so I have a good idea of what to expect. 

As mentioned letting the excursion desk know helps  .... if there is room they will have you get at the end of the line (after the ship ecursions)

17 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Depends on how full the ship is  ....

I've been on-board when we could not get the first tender ... but the ship weas full. Depends on which island  .... as an example on Rangiroa there are only a few ship excursions but on Bora bora there are many which  take up room on the first tender. Been on the PG 16 times so I have a good idea of what to expect. 

As mentioned letting the excursion desk know helps  .... if there is room they will have you get at the end of the line (after the ship ecursions)

Follow up  ... I always tell my private vendors that we will be on the first or second tender ... Officially my vendors know the excursion starts at 9AM if the first tender leaves the ship @ 8AM  ... this allows time for us to be on the 2nd tender. Hope that makes sense. 

What time do SHIP excursions normally start? Do they tend to start at 8 or 9, or later start if they are just a 3 hour tour? There is no info on website.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 10:39 AM, MrBill923 said:

What time do SHIP excursions normally start? Do they tend to start at 8 or 9, or later start if they are just a 3 hour tour? There is no info on website.

Thanks.

They will release the tours 60 days prior to sailing and I believe the times were on there.

We had a private Humpback Whale Swim and the tour operator really wanted to pick us up earlier than the 1st tender.  I asked to go at 7;30 and was given permission.  We were on with crew members, and the table/refreshments for arriving/returning passengers but that was the only difference in the tender.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 2:32 PM, TheDarkestBlue said:

la Orana! 😊 

So jealous! You are going soon? I can't wait to go back, hopefully next year 🧜🏻‍♀️

The vibe on board is chill and friendly, no problem with t-shirts and shorts for breakfast or lunch. Servers are super nice and remember your preferences. The food was excellent. Different wines from different places are served each night, then there is the wine list which we never felt we needed. I would say there is a normal USA selection of beers, the Hinano is very good and we brought home some of their souvenir glasses. We never had any trouble getting on early tenders, they have a large capacity (120+ and there are only 330 guests on board) and are able to move a lot of people at a time, that said, ymmv 😉

The mini fridge is stocked when you get there, but if you let your room attendant know what you like or dislike, they can customize it to your needs. There are not a lot of electrical outlets in the room, so if you bring European adapters you can grab a couple extra outlets, and a simple extension cord might be helpful because the placement of the outlets are not optimal. I brought magnetic hooks for the walls to hang stuff, there is a small clothes line in the bathtub, we were three in the room and space was at a premium. Once you get on board and go through registration, if you're interested, head over to the marina, get your snorkel and fins which you will hang on to for your entire cruise, and take with you on excursions if you need them. 

I hope you have a wonderful time!

My apologies, I thought I had replied and thanked you!  Your advice was spot on!!

• Like 1

I called 60 days in advance to book ship tours, and they could not give me any times. I also called back last week to ask about an excursion that was booked before and this time it was open. I asked again about times......they knew nothing. 

Thanks.