Is Cunard going downhill?

Fox trotter

On 7/14/2024 at 4:39 PM, Fox trotter said:

Boarded QM2 today and not off to a good start.

We are in Queens Grill and expected priority embarkation but we were sent to tha back of a very long queue. I asked one of the attendants if we were in the right queue and even showed our boarding passes. She assured us we were in the right queue, but we were seeing others bypassing the queue. After a while I asked another steward who advised us we should have bypassed the queue.

Next problem we had specifically asked for a table for two. The MD said I have a nice table for six. After 10 minutes arguing he suggested we have lunch on the 6 table and he would try and arrange something for dinner, so we now wait and see what happens. Unfortunately I am partially deaf and find it difficult to join in the table conversation, hence it he needs for table for 2.

Next we are asked to attend our muster station. We knew where to go, but two staff members directed us to the wrong station, before a third pointed us in the right direction. When we reached the correct station we were advised that we had already checked in, but we definitely hadn't.

Things can only get better, hopefully!

I’m sorry to hear of your experience- we were on the same cruise with friends who had booked assistance with boarding and they had no problem going into the priority queue. 
I noticed that while we were queuing to enter the security area three people were directed directly through the “elastic” barrier in front of us, they already had their cruise cards which had a solid red edge on the short side. 

Wasn’t the terminal extremely hot? I was melting whilst waiting in the queue. 

Hope that things improved as your cruise progressed. We were blessed with calm seas and just the one downpour in Olden.  

14 minutes ago, Jules. said:

I’m sorry to hear of your experience- we were on the same cruise with friends who had booked assistance with boarding and they had no problem going into the priority queue. 
I noticed that while we were queuing to enter the security area three people were directed directly through the “elastic” barrier in front of us, they already had their cruise cards which had a solid red edge on the short side. 

Wasn’t the terminal extremely hot? I was melting whilst waiting in the queue. 

Hope that things improved as your cruise progressed. We were blessed with calm seas and just the one downpour in Olden.  

The red stipe indicated they were first time guests. The fact they already had their cruise means they were in transit passengers and always get to go back onboard quicker than newly embarking folk. 

• Like 4