Silver Wind - Where to Get a Coffee (Early)

Hign n Dry

I’m an early riser, travel companion is a late riser so I tend to bail out early and settle in and have a morning coffee and read the iPad. Seaborne’s Seaborne Square was a great location for this, so where on the Wind would people recommend I head for some quiet morning solitude and a good brew?

Suggest two options; the Observation Lounge on Deck 9 has a self-service machine for Expresso, Capuchino, Latte, et. al., or you can fill out room service card the night prior and ask for a pot of of coffee or coffee of your choice delivered to your suite at 4, 5, 6 a.m. or later.  Enjoy your voyage.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, as Wes sez, it's mainly the Obs Lounge if the machine is working.  It sometimes isn't and it's a long walk to get there. For a machine, it has surprisingly good coffee.  There's also an 'early riser' thing in the Panorama Lounge from about 0630.  But Silversea has nothing like Seabourn Square and more's the pity.  

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

In theory - if you find a hidey hole that you like you could order your coffee to that spot, such as the pool area or if the Obs coffee maker isn't working.

FYI, for the Obs lounge coffee maker sometimes it's a simple matter of emptying the tray full of grounds or adjusting the tray.

Edited by highplanesdrifters

9 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

In theory - if you find a hidey hole that you like you could order your coffee to that spot, such as the pool area or if the Obs coffee maker isn't working.

FYI, for the Obs lounge coffee maker sometimes it's a simple matter of emptying the tray full of grounds or adjusting the tray.

Encouraging coffee addicts to tamper with mechanical devices in a pre-caffeinated state can be hazardous.  😲

Depending on the OP's definition of "early", a standing room service order at ____ AM for a pot may be the best bet (easiest logistics are if he/she takes it black).  If the OP has variable wake times (though still always early) the butler service can be instructed to quietly slip the pot into the entryway and leave it there without knocking, so as not to wake the travel companion. 

I also suggest bringing your own lightweight "mug" or equivalent from home, which gives you more flexibility in transporting a whole bunch of coffee to wherever you want to go sit and read that iPAD without a lot of fuss.

In-room coffeemakers are becoming the standard on newer luxury ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlover54 said:

In-room coffeemakers are becoming the standard on newer luxury ships.

Yeah. We had one in the Silver suite last month on the Cloud. It was great! (for a few days).

After day 4 or 5, they "ran out" of regular coffee pods - but they had lots of decaf! Needless to say, the decaf pods sat in the bowl unused for the rest of the trip.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Encouraging coffee addicts to tamper with mechanical devices in a pre-caffeinated state can be hazardous.  😲

Fair point. I sometimes need coffee so I can make my coffee.🤣

12 hours ago, jpalbny said:

After day 4 or 5, they "ran out" of regular coffee pods -

Oh the humanity.

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2024 at 5:18 PM, jpalbny said:

Yeah. We had one in the Silver suite last month on the Cloud. It was great! (for a few days).

After day 4 or 5, they "ran out" of regular coffee pods - but they had lots of decaf! Needless to say, the decaf pods sat in the bowl unused for the rest of the trip.

Part of my enormous 'travel pharmacy'  includes caffeine tablets (for "emergencies", e.g., when I can't get room service, have no in-room coffeemaker (hotel or cruise),  and a lounge machine coffeemaker is on strike for whatever reason).  🙂

• Thanks 1