Mobility Issues and Space

I use a rollator to get around and we took our first cruise on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the seas this past May and I found it was pretty easy to get around with the rollator as the ship is huge. However, we are scheduled to take Norwegian Prima next year are and a little concerned how easy it is to navigate around as that ship is so much smaller. I was thinking of taking the MSC Seascape in a few years. Would like to hear others thoughts on the subject.

Even on a smaller ship, the passageways on the cabin decks are pretty much the same between smaller and even huge ships.  You'll have difficulty getting past the stewards' carts whenever they are taking up the space--leaving about 16 inches for you to get past.  On the public decks there is plenty of room.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I cannot answer your question regarding Carnival, but on every other cruise line I have been on I have had no problem using a rollator or a scooter down the hallway.  Those cruise lines include Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, MSC, Norwegian, and Holland America.  Although when the service carts are in the hallways, I sometimes have to request they be move to in front of the room being serviced. 

Edited by gadaboutgal
  • Like 1

I assume there are strict rules about how wide passageways have to be on cruise ships as they all seem similar.

Yes, housekeeping carts do often obstruct the way for those in wheelchairs etc, but staff will do their best (as always) to make things as easy as they can.

• Like 1