Are Your Plans Flexible?

I agreed to take the 150% FCC and Celebrity seems to have accepted since my reservation got canceled.

They never sent an email letting us know.  I found out by logging in and not seeing the cruise.

Hopefully the rest of the process goes better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I agreed to take the 150% FCC and Celebrity seems to have accepted since my reservation got canceled.

They never sent an email letting us know.  I found out by logging in and not seeing the cruise.

Hopefully the rest of the process goes better.

It was all super vague…and rubbed me wrong that you can’t call customer service about it.  As long as you get everything you are supposed to that is awesome!

We accepted the 150% offer too.  Our reservation is still showing.  If it is still there tomorrow, I guess I'll start  packiing process... By now I'm usually packed, but we were expecting to get the cancellation notice.  Maybe I'll wait until the 23rd.

16 minutes ago, MeRose said:

We accepted the 150% offer too.  Our reservation is still showing.  If it is still there tomorrow, I guess I'll start  packiing process... By now I'm usually packed, but we were expecting to get the cancellation notice.  Maybe I'll wait until the 23rd.

Ugh.  The last minute nature of it makes it challenging for sure.

Ok thanks! Since it happened with all three of you I'm guessing they target direct bookings (or at least first, before moving on). I booked through a TA and haven't received an offer.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 12:20 PM, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I also thought about my trip insurance which was $500 so I’d have to deduct that “loss” off as well plus potentially add it for a new trip. 

The trip insurance can be moved to another date with no change in coverage or amounts.  How do I know? We were booked on the Xploration for next year, Celebrity sold the ship & moved us to the Flora at the same rate. We have Costco trip insurance even though we didn't book the trip with them. We just came off the full Eclipse to Bermuda & would take that offer in a minute but we are retired so have the time. 

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

The trip insurance can be moved to another date with no change in coverage or amounts.  How do I know? We were booked on the Xploration for next year, Celebrity sold the ship & moved us to the Flora at the same rate. We have Costco trip insurance even though we didn't book the trip with them. We just came off the full Eclipse to Bermuda & would take that offer in a minute but we are retired so have the time. 

I have the same Xploration/Flora scenario and my TA (didn’t use one for Alaska) was able to use the insurance as well. She had said because the dates were essentially the same but I’m sure it is more complex than that and I didn’t ask a lot of questions was just happy it was done.

Did you have problems rebooting to the Flora? We were on vacation in the boonies in WY when the sale was posted. I'm so grateful we used a TA as she was able to move us to the Flora. The cabin location was way forward & since we were literally nowhere in WY, I couldn't see the cabin until we reached the hotel. No chance to move cabins as the ones they offered us were already sold out so we will keep what we got. What sailing are you on? We go June 1. We are going to AK for 3 weeks in July also. 

CC members reported the Flora was sold out for rooms they allowed us & said Celebrity wanted them to pay more. Glad the TA was able to do it in minutes!

28 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Did you have problems rebooting to the Flora? We were on vacation in the boonies in WY when the sale was posted. I'm so grateful we used a TA as she was able to move us to the Flora. The cabin location was way forward & since we were literally nowhere in WY, I couldn't see the cabin until we reached the hotel. No chance to move cabins as the ones they offered us were already sold out so we will keep what we got. What sailing are you on? We go June 1. We are going to AK for 3 weeks in July also. 

Yes we got a good room.  I was in it pretty quickly with the TA.  They wanted us in an IV room (we were in a sky suite or something on the other ship) but the TA was able to negotiate a “downgrade” to a balcony room (same price I paid for the other ship so it worked out.) We were between the two ships but liked the idea of smaller but the luxury of flora so I’m happy with our resolution.  We go in July.

We got room 301 I think. Later that night nothing was left. I did not want an infinity balcony so happy with the ship but wish the cabin was more aft or middle of ship. I was online to the TA about 10am that morning. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

We got room 301 I think. Later that night nothing was left. I did not want an infinity balcony so happy with the ship but wish the cabin was more aft or middle of ship. I was online to the TA about 10am that morning. 

We are more midship in a 500 deck room 

Just now, catspaw1 said:

It was cabin 503- I got it wrong. Do they do move up offers to the Galapagos? ALthough the price will probably be way too high.

I don’t know but I imagine it would be a number that would be higher than what I could even contemplate.  As it is, this really is the most expensive travel I’ve done.  I honestly think the stateroom probably doesn’t matter as much as we would think…I get the impression you’re pretty much conked out when you are not eating or on excursions.   

Yeah it too is our most expensive trip to date. My husband doesn't really care what room we have as he says he will be too exhausted from the excursions to care about the ship! I agree with him. BTW Hint - buy waterlust swim pants & tops for the sun. I just used them on the Eclipse a week ago for the sun & snorkeling & loved them. They didn't have any more shirts but I will be buying them when they get back in stock. We are spending all our money now taking trips before we can't do it anymore. We are seniors. 

15 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Yeah it too is our most expensive trip to date. My husband doesn't really care what room we have as he says he will be too exhausted from the excursions to care about the ship! I agree with him. BTW Hint - buy waterlust swim pants & tops for the sun. I just used them on the Eclipse a week ago for the sun & snorkeling & loved them. They didn't have any more shirts but I will be buying them when they get back in stock. We are spending all our money now taking trips before we can't do it anymore. We are seniors. 

I’ll have to look those up.  🙂 We are not seniors yet but based on some health scares and potential problems we figure we should start doing things we want to do.  We had a 14 day Mediterranean cruise booked but canceled that for the Galapagos as we we know it’s a more active cruise in some ways.

• Like 1

We have taken 3 trips so far this year - Great Smokey for 10 nights,  CO,WY & SD for 17 nights,  Eclipse to Bermuda & planning 2 more trips now. Probably GSMNP again & maybe transatlantic in November 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

We have taken 3 trips so far this year - Great Smokey for 10 nights,  CO,WY & SD for 17 nights,  Eclipse to Bermuda & planning 2 more trips now. Probably GSMNP again & maybe transatlantic in November 

Sounds awesome! 

On 7/16/2024 at 6:01 AM, hcat said:

Great deal but also scary.. what if not enough folks take the offer,.?  Will they bump booked cruisers?

This is what I'm worried about! We sail Aug 2 and got the 150% fcc offer from  celebrity. A lot of planning has gone into this trip but I'm worried if we don't take the offer there's a chance we'll get booted anyways... of course we're flying Delta too... so who knows if they'll be all straightened out by our Aug 1st flight. 😢