NCL's e-docs. Missing items?

Been cruising several times with NCL for over a decade now and only recently have I come across this issue. Either I have not been paying full attention or this thing was not happening before and thus never noticed it. The thing is that I completed the online check-in for my upcoming cruise and upon printing the e-docs I realized that some pre-purchased items (one soda package, one 4-meal specialty dining package, two in-cabin water packages) were not showing up. Since I have always heard that the e-docs are the ONLY documents that really do count when on board I decided to get in touch with customer service. I was reassured by them that those items ARE included in the reservation (as expected) and even sent me an invoice where they do show up as purchased and fully paid. However, I also noticed that another item that IS included on the e-docs (one 2-meal specialty dining upgrade) is NOT on that invoice. To sum it all up, very confusing and not really sure now how they would handle it on the vessel if any of my pre-paid items went somehow "missing" on their system. Anybody noticed anything like this on the e-docs? Anybody faced with a situation after embarkation where they would not acknowledge any pre-purchased/pre-paid items even if you know FOR SURE you were charged for those? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I've had this same problem the last two times I cruised NCL, as well as another permutation - something I had purchased not showing online or in the app. I too called, and was assured everything was on my reservation. I didn't want to waste any time having to deal with this once on board, so I brought every single document that showed everything I had purchased. But they were right. I got everything I was entitled to and had bought without any problems.

Edited by grobma

7 hours ago, AlmiranteChurruca said:

Been cruising several times with NCL for over a decade now and only recently have I come across this issue. Either I have not been paying full attention or this thing was not happening before and thus never noticed it. The thing is that I completed the online check-in for my upcoming cruise and upon printing the e-docs I realized that some pre-purchased items (one soda package, one 4-meal specialty dining package, two in-cabin water packages) were not showing up. Since I have always heard that the e-docs are the ONLY documents that really do count when on board I decided to get in touch with customer service. I was reassured by them that those items ARE included in the reservation (as expected) and even sent me an invoice where they do show up as purchased and fully paid. However, I also noticed that another item that IS included on the e-docs (one 2-meal specialty dining upgrade) is NOT on that invoice. To sum it all up, very confusing and not really sure now how they would handle it on the vessel if any of my pre-paid items went somehow "missing" on their system. Anybody noticed anything like this on the e-docs? Anybody faced with a situation after embarkation where they would not acknowledge any pre-purchased/pre-paid items even if you know FOR SURE you were charged for those? Thanks!

go into the chat and ask them to send  you an Amenities Confirmation. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

go into the chat and ask them to send  you an Amenities Confirmation. 

Amenities confirmation received by e-mail after a call to customer service, but still inconsistencies there. As mentioned earlier, the three missing items on the e-docs are to be found on the amenities invoice, but now one of the items on the e-docs is missing on the amenities invoice. Anyway, I hope these are just glitches and just in case I will be bringing printed documents of all my purchases to support any claims if necessary.