QM2 venues off limits to Britannia guests

Bellarion

9 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

My husband often gets M and S vouchers from the children for Xmas and Birthday. Castlepoint is our store of choice for M and S as it’s the largest in our area- although it does entail 1 1/4 hour car journey.  We don’t tend to spend long there but like to visit the Lakeland shop. We often travel on to either Mudeford Quay or the New Forest to make a day of it. 

Goodness. I rarely consider it is worth a 20 minute bus journey. 😀
Also the Waterstones has the rudest and most intrusive staff I’ve ever come across in a bookshop. I can never manage to buy a book there without an interrogation. The advantage of the Soton M and S is that it is near John Lewis, which does wonderful brownies. But that must be even more of a trek for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david63 said:

If you look at my profile you will see that I have been a member of this board for more than 14 years with 2.7k posts so I am more than well aware about topic drift.

I would also add that I have been using, running and writing forum software for over 30 years so nothing surprises me any more.

It was just an attempt at some light hearted humour.

As was my response.

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Goodness. I rarely consider it is worth a 20 minute bus journey. 😀
Also the Waterstones has the rudest and most intrusive staff I’ve ever come across in a bookshop. I can never manage to buy a book there without an interrogation. The advantage of the Soton M and S is that it is near John Lewis, which does wonderful brownies. But that must be even more of a trek for you.

With vouchers to spend it is the best M&S readily available to us, and an excuse for a day out in the area. Never been to M & S in Soton - perhaps next time we are there, although I think I’d rather go to John Lewis. 

• Like 2