Princess BOGO Excursion Promotion

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Questions for those in the know.  If...I already purchased an excursion at the "regular" price charged to my CC a long time ago,

When I get onboard, can I have the shore excursion desk remove the charge to the credit card and apply onboard credit without cancelling and rebooking at the higher fare?

Hence, no out of pocket expense for making this change?

Nope.  Anytime ShoreEx touches a shore excursion onboard it affects only your folio.  For example, if an excursion you booked gets cancelled, it won't get credited back to you CC; it will be credited to your folio as REFUNDABLE OBC.  If you don't use it before the end of your cruise, you will be mailed a check after finance settles your folio. 

ShoreEx can give you refundable OBC as a credit if the Shore Excursion you booked dropped in price once onboard.  We booked a city tour of Cartagena on Panama Canal cruise this past January using non-refundable OBC.  The tours weren't selling very well and they had too many time slots and not enough takers.  The price onboard decreased $20 per person what we "paid" pre-cruise and ShoreEx refunded us the difference as refundable OBC.  

That's fine...to get refundable OBC (and check) for my credit card charge.  I was just wondering if they would allow me to switch "payment". Swap out CC charge for OBC use.

Here's a new one for all of you.

1.  Tried to get waitlisted on an excursion during the sale. 0 tickets, waitlist open

2.  Could sign on last night...clicked on excursion.  Clicked on passengers.  That was it!  No way to move forward to be placed on waitlist.

3.  Called Princess early this morning.  No wait time.  Agent was offshore with a lot of distracting conversation in the background (house noise or cubical noise???)

4.  She told me that she could not place me on a waitlist.  She went into my personalizer (same thing I did since the app was "broken" this morning and wouldn't let me in).

5.  She told me that excursions are third parties.  She could not do any more than I could do.  

6.  She said to check back in 24 hours.  They are updating (script line #99/lol).

7.  Some excursions are showing sold out.  Others have 0 tickets, waitlist open.  Which is it?

8.  Excursions are showing back on the app.  Update done????  

9.  Repeat steps, get same results.

So frustrating.  I want to get in on the sale.  If I can't book this excursion, I really don't care.  Have OBC to spend and am willing to give it back to Princess.  Oh well, if meant to be.......

Princess seems to be really challenged lately when it comes to technology updates (bugs, simple dining reservation system not on time, etc) and basic customer service ( unknowledgable phone representatives, conflicting info when guests ask questions, difficulty communicating with a human, etc) .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Here's a new one for all of you.

1.  Tried to get waitlisted on an excursion during the sale. 0 tickets, waitlist open

2.  Could sign on last night...clicked on excursion.  Clicked on passengers.  That was it!  No way to move forward to be placed on waitlist.

3.  Called Princess early this morning.  No wait time.  Agent was offshore with a lot of distracting conversation in the background (house noise or cubical noise???)

4.  She told me that she could not place me on a waitlist.  She went into my personalizer (same thing I did since the app was "broken" this morning and wouldn't let me in).

5.  She told me that excursions are third parties.  She could not do any more than I could do.  

6.  She said to check back in 24 hours.  They are updating (script line #99/lol).

7.  Some excursions are showing sold out.  Others have 0 tickets, waitlist open.  Which is it?

8.  Excursions are showing back on the app.  Update done????  

9.  Repeat steps, get same results.

So frustrating.  I want to get in on the sale.  If I can't book this excursion, I really don't care.  Have OBC to spend and am willing to give it back to Princess.  Oh well, if meant to be.......

We have found this on several cruises on the most popular excursions.  When I asked on board about it they explained that the wait list has a limit.  So if an excursion is sold out, initially you can waitlist, but when that fills, you can no longer join the waitlist.  If you keep checking, someone may cancel or leave the waitlist and you can join it.  We have been successful in getting on an excursion by checking daily to join the waitlist.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not sure why Princess insists on doing weekend sales.  We all know that weekends are when Princess does general maintenance on their website and things don't work.  Their CVP department and most TAs are also closed on weekends.  The Excursions function on the Cruise Personalizer has been really glitchy as of recent.  There was a time a few months ago that you to right click, and open each page in a new window to move forward with the steps.  Maybe try that.  I would keep on trying until the 23rd when the "sale" ends.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for bringing this to my attention @SCX22.  I knew they did updates over a weekend, but never connected the dots.  You are correct.  Many times they push sales over a weekend.  Princess’ call center isn’t open on Sundays.  Chat is, if you can get connected to an experienced agent.  He worked his tail off trying to find me a waitlist.  Then the survey dropped out and I couldn’t leave a positive review nor could I save the chat transcript.  

I joke to my TA that I always seem to have to contact her on a Sunday.  She is available to me almost 24/7.  She has become a dear friend.

You would think that since Princess has an overseas call center, they could man their lines 24/7.  Often I am in Hawaii.  During DST, there is a 6 hour spread between HST and EDT (3 for PDT).  The chat hours are listed as East Coast times.

I will check daily.  Thank you both.  

On 7/19/2024 at 6:04 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Fyi, just received this email promotion.  Anyone else receive it?  This was tied to our October of 2025 Sun Princess Med/TA cruise.

Screenshot_20240719_100159_Gmail.thumb.jpg.1910d105e0c17544ec3b4d760385d617.jpg

We made a note of how much the excursions were when we booked.  They have increased dramatically, on most occasions with the discount they cost more than when we first booked.  What a rip off.

• Like 1