Solo passenger discounts

Lenbro1944

Just read an old posting that stated that a fellow solo passenger was able to “negotiate” a single supplant of 150% on a Viking cruise. This was on a cruise that there was no solo traveler promotion. She had previously sailed with Viking and that cruise had a promotion for a 150% single supplement. So when booking the next cruise she asked for a discount and they provided one. Has anyone been able to negotiate a single supplement with Viking?

3 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Just read an old posting that stated that a fellow solo passenger was able to “negotiate” a single supplant of 150% on a Viking cruise. This was on a cruise that there was no solo traveler promotion. She had previously sailed with Viking and that cruise had a promotion for a 150% single supplement. So when booking the next cruise she asked for a discount and they provided one. Has anyone been able to negotiate a single supplement with Viking?

I’ve never tried because I heard they don’t generally do it. I’m guessing that if there’s a cruise that isn’t full close to sailing, you might have a chance. I’ve just waited until someone will go with me, but I’d certainly take more Viking cruises if there was a chance of a discount.