BEST TOURS FOR FALL COLOURS?

We are fron the UK, and will be cruising on NCL Breakaway, departing from New York on 20 October 2024

Our itinerary is:

Newport R.I  21st Oct

Boston 22nd Oct

Portland 23rd Oct

Saint John 24 Oct

Halifax 25 Oct

We really want to see the legendary fall colours! I realise that this can be 'hit and miss' and dependant on many factors (mainly the weather) but are there any areas in or near each of the above ports where we can see the foilage if we are lucky enough to be there at the right time?  Will we need to travel outside the urban areas? Or are there areas in the towns (parks etc) where we can see the trees in all their glory? 

I also understand that there are websites etc that predict when the fall colours are likely to be at their best in different areas - does anyone have any recommedations please?

Thank you in anticipation! 😊

Fall color peaks are variable depending on the weather all year.  In general, I think you would be best off with a tour out of Boston at that time period.  If you could rent a car then you'd have the freedom to head north or west for best color, depending on what is actually going on

• Like 1