Apprentice contest up and running

cuccicruisers

Firefox worked fine for me.

I think it was rather smart of NCL to run their sweepstakes on 3 servers. The link on ncl.com is a random generator taking you to one of three servers that they have running. With what? None other than a Microsoft Web Server, hence the IE issue for some people.

Good Luck to all, and the questiosn were easy

All questions were easy, thanks to cruise critic except for one tricky question....which was: Did you ever cruise on NCL, I had to say "No" but we are booked on our first NCL cruise in less then 3 weeks. Watching the show last night was great, I can't wait to board in New York on the Dawn. Wouldn't mind winning a free cruise, always ready for a cruise!

~Jo~

I entered the contest last night too before the show started and I tried it again this morning and it did let me even with using the same Email address.

Good luck to all and I do hope someone from he Board wins. :)

When do you think they're going to announce the winner? I got everyone I know to enter :) You all are right, though, CC people could have answered the questions before the show even started!

BTW: Did anyone notice if they made any announcement after the show to go to the NCL website to enter the contest? I watched, but if they said something, I certainly missed it!

I cant wait to find out who wins. Of course I hope it is me.

If you win (one of the 10 first prizes) and can go on a free 7 day cruise, where/which cruise would you go on?

For me I think it is a toss-up between the JEWEL in the Mediteranean or the POH in Hawaii. Especially since I dont know what the PEARL is doing...

I really need to win 3 cruises I guess.... :D

~Intrepid

Winners will be flown to New York and board either NCL Dawn and/or Spirit. These are the two choices.

Winners will be flown to New York and board either NCL Dawn and/or Spirit. These are the two choices.

This is the GRAND prize (1 winner) also includes first class air, 3 nights in a Trump hotel and dinner at a fancy NYC restaurant.

The FIRST prize (10 winners) is a 7 day cruise anywhere NCL sails.

~Intrepid

BTW: Did anyone notice if they made any announcement after the show to go to the NCL website to enter the contest? I watched, but if they said something, I certainly missed it!

I did not notice them say anything about the contest at the end of the show... hmm... better odds??? Let's hope so.

~Intrepid

This is the GRAND prize (1 winner) also includes first class air, 3 nights in a Trump hotel and dinner at a fancy NYC restaurant.

The FIRST prize (10 winners) is a 7 day cruise anywhere NCL sails.

~Intrepid

The approximate retail value of the first prize is listed at $2000 for a cruise for 2 people....

Grand Prize is limited to cruising on 5/27/06 or 5/28/06 on the Spirit or the Dawn.

I wish we could find out what type of accomodations you would win. It seems by the value it must be at least an oceanview. I mean 1000.00 each for a 7 day cruise could get you a balcony, but I doubt it. And what about the Grand Prize? After 1st class air and staying at a Trump hotel, would you get a suite or what????

~Intrepid

Yay.. it's valid for Canada

I was reading some of the rules (looking for a rule against entering more than once with multiple emails) and I found that if a Canadian wins they have to answer a mathematical question for eligibility. Does anyone know what that is about???

~Intrepid

The $2000. doesn't include taxes and government fees so you may be able to find a deal for a balcony cabin, in the off season maybe.

I'm wondering if I will be allowed to upgrade and pay the difference when I win....LOL, I never win anything.

:)

I wish we could find out what type of accomodations you would win. It seems by the value it must be at least an oceanview. I mean 1000.00 each for a 7 day cruise could get you a balcony, but I doubt it. And what about the Grand Prize? After 1st class air and staying at a Trump hotel, would you get a suite or what????

~Intrepid

Just priced out the 10/29/06 Dawn Bahama 7 Day Cruise on NCL.Com

Before port charges and taxes, the best room that you can get for 2 people for $1000 or less is: BA Balcony Room - Voyage Fare 804 per person.

*grin*

Winners will be posted on the 14th, but I would imagine they will start contact about the 7th - 8th and release forms signed so that names can be released.

Well then, I hope they contact me before we catch the plane on the 9th! What a celebration we would have... can you imagine NCL calls just before we leave for our cruise. WOW, we'll have two bottles of Champagne please!

I wonder what they would do if the grand prize winner is from the New York area and don't need the air ?

According to the rules it says the sponsor may substitute air if the winner lives close to NY, NY. If the actual value turns out to be less than the ARV the difference will not be awarded in cash.

I'm not sure what exactly that means, but I would love to find out....

Archived