Earliest flight time after Divina cruise

KIMMER322

I'm cruising out of Civitavecchia in May on the MSC Divina. I can get a flight back to Amsterdam out if FCO at 12:40pm after we disembark.  Is that enough time to get off the ship and to the airport?  MSC doesn't offer a lot of advice or info. 

I've been able to make that time for a flight.   But I didn't trust the MSC shuttle nor try public or shared transport.  I  hired a private transfer that was allowed into the port terminal area and waiting shipside. Waiting on the port busses to get you over to the port transfer area takes too much time. 

Lots of information on the Italian ports forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KIMMER322 said:

I'm cruising out of Civitavecchia in May on the MSC Divina. I can get a flight back to Amsterdam out if FCO at 12:40pm after we disembark.  Is that enough time to get off the ship and to the airport?  MSC doesn't offer a lot of advice or info. 

Ate is spot on.

We did the exact same thing.

Making sure your transport can get into the port area instead of the drop area is critical.

If you are not familiar with the process at this port it can be explained to you in depth.

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Ate is spot on.

We did the exact same thing.

Making sure your transport can get into the port area instead of the drop area is critical.

If you are not familiar with the process at this port it can be explained to you in depth.

My first time,  I'm definitely not familiar.

Posted (edited)

The port area where the ships dock is closed to pedestrian and most private traffic.   They operate a port bus system that takes you to a transfer station just outside the port area, this can be time consuming.   Google map Civitavechia Tranport Terminal.   That's where some transfer companies will want to meet you.   It's also where you can catch public transport.  Fiumicino is about a 50 minute drive from the port. 

While I believe the MSC transfers to Fiumicino are allowed to be ship side I'd be concerned they might not guarantee to get you there for a 12:40 flight time.  Doing the early self disembark combined with a private transfer company that has port entry permission is the only way I'd feel comfortable with that flight time.

There are several shared transfer companies that do offer ship side pickup.  Usually they require pre-booking but some will likely offer free spaces first come.   They leave only once full with their booked people.  So you would want to verify their ability to meet your time requirement. 

ETA: Verify your airline's closing time for checked luggage if you plan to use it. 

Edited by Até
  • Thanks 1

We did made an apointment with one of the taxidrivers close where We did drop the luggage. He were there when We after a week came out of the terminal with the luggage.