if you have drink package and go to Half moon Cay (carnival owned island)

lrk

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yes, I noted that in my post.

I can find the verbiage saying that Cheers has a 15 drink limit, as I noted.

I cannot find the verbiage on the website that non-Cheers drinkers have any kind of limit.  But someone else posted that the wording is included in your cruise contract.

The fact that is in the cruise contract means that it is on the website. If someone chooses not to read that important document that is on them.

42 minutes ago, nc762shooter said:

Sounds like they should update the liquor and beverage policy on the website to reflect this and clear up confusion. Although rare, some people might find it nice to know this info before they go through with booking as I have known some in the past talk about not getting Cheers so they aren't limited to 15 drinks.

Since the contract is what is controlling that is where it is and it's up to the passenger to read it, since they agree to abide by it.

8 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The fact that is in the cruise contract means that it is on the website. If someone chooses not to read that important document that is on them.

Here is the link to the Ticket Contract on Carnival's website:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract

There is no mention of the 15 drink limit. (Cheers or otherwise.)

So if it is mentioned in the final ticket contract that they send you after you book, that's not really open and transparent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Since the contract is what is controlling that is where it is and it's up to the passenger to read it, since they agree to abide by it.

Agreed, the contract is what matters as far as policy. Only issue is by the time you get to the cruise contract you have already completed a large chunk of actually booking a cruise instead of a quick search on the website. 

Part of me is surprised they haven't made the 15 drink limit for everyone more obvious because that seems like it could be an additional selling point for Cheers. 

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So if it is mentioned in the final ticket contract that they send you after you book, that's not really open and transparent.

That lack of transparency up front is the real issue much more so than the actual policy. If that was something that mattered to me it would irritate me if I found no mention of it until almost completing booking or after the fact, would feel a bit like a bait and switch.

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You said that someone quoted from the cruise contract, so if it isn't there then yes, that is problematic. But in reality how many people actually read all of the FAQs before booking.

4 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You are correct, the verbiage has been removed from the cruise ticket contract. The only mention now is on the boarding documents.