Queen Anne, Q5 vs Q3/4 upgrade offer

alc13

We are booked in an aft Q5 suite on our trip in October, but today we received an offer of an upgrade to Q3/4 for a very reasonable sum.  We both like the idea of the view from the Q5, although it will mean a long walk to most things.  Any other advantages to Q3/4?

3 hours ago, stan01 said:

Q3s 5001/5002 are what I'd be cautious about at the bow.  I would not want either.

Why is that the case? Just curious as to want make these ones to be cautious over?

19 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

Why is that the case? Just curious as to want make these ones to be cautious over?

Some people (myself included) do not want a room right at the bow which may have more pitching than in the middle or rear of the ship.  QA has Q3s on multiple decks bow and stern, 5001/5002 are at the front of the ship so may have more motion and wind while at sea.  I don't see the benefit they would have over the stern Q5 OP already has.  Preferences will vary.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stan01 said:

Some people (myself included) do not want a room right at the bow which may have more pitching than in the middle or rear of the ship.  QA has Q3s on multiple decks bow and stern, 5001/5002 are at the front of the ship so may have more motion and wind while at sea.  I don't see the benefit they would have over the stern Q5 OP already has.  Preferences will vary.

2 hours ago, e&mcruise said:

From comments about PG cabins 5001/5002 on QE/QV, you may also hear the anchor and bow mechanism movements when arriving in port, especially early AM. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

We love the aft cabins and couldn't get a Q5 for our October trip but saw that QA has Q3's aft so booked one of these instead.

If you are looking to get away from aft, be careful as you may end up aft anyway with an upgrade.

QV/QE - all Q4s are both sides from midships to mid-aft & mid-forward and all Q3's are midships.

QA seem to have Q3s dotted fore and aft, although the Q4's all appear to be mid-forward/mid-aft on deck 7.   

Only bid on a Q4 if you want to avoid front or back of the ship.

We’re not given a choice between Q3 and Q4, so those midships locations are probably a long shot.  And we like a bit of sea movement anyway.  Thanks for the feedback. We’re staying put.